2004 - 2008 F-150

Let me try here,no feedback in audio.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Let me try here,no feedback in audio.

I bought a Alpine V12 4 Channel amp, size 13x8.5 and it looks a little to big to put it under the seats with the brackets and wires so would a good alternate location be under the rear seat where the jack is mounted if I remove it? I would like to keep the rear driver side clear for a potential sub box down the road. This is my first aftermarket amp and so Im kind of clueless.
Thanks for the help

Old 03-05-2006, 04:20 PM
Yes..I pulled my jack out. I have a small box tied in my bed that I keep it in.

BREW

Old 03-05-2006, 04:36 PM
Brew's spot, or behind the back seat would both work. Best of luck.

joe

Old 03-05-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by 02Thunder
Brew's spot, or behind the back seat would both work. Best of luck.

joe
I have read about the behind the seat deal. Do you mount it to something then the secure it under the back window?
With the amp being 13x8.5 it looks like it would fit in the jack location nicely. Keep the longer portion of the back seat open for a 10" sub box down the road. Then where would I mount that amp?
Maybe the amp for the door speakers on the passenger side behind the rear seat and when I get the amp for the sub put it behind the rear seat drivers side? Does that seem like the logical thing to do? Thanks a bunch. I cant wait to get everything installed tomorrow, should be a wee bit better then stock,lol.

Old 03-05-2006, 06:58 PM
Im not sure if it would work, but could you put the one amp on the floor like I did, and then mount the other amp right to the bottom of that seat? Would there be enough room to put the seat down and not have the amps touch? You would deff. need a fan under there though.

BREW

Old 03-05-2006, 07:02 PM
if the amp isnt running a sub currently, check out your dash, my alpine v12 mrv-F345 4ch. is in the dash- fits fine- pull out your center portion where the head unit is, so you can access the space-
its just tapped in there with a couple screws- off-road with it and its not knocked out, no crappy signal disconnect - gets plenty of air,etc
Justin

Last edited by BalogUK; 03-05-2006 at 07:07 PM.
Old 03-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Originally Posted by BalogUK
if the amp isnt running a sub currently, check out your dash, my alpine v12 mrv-F345 4ch. is in the dash- fits fine- pull out your center portion where the head unit is, so you can access the space-
its just tapped in there with a couple screws- off-road with it and its not knocked out, no crappy signal disconnect - gets plenty of air,etc
Justin
It fits behind the head unit in the dash??? Man I did not think there was that much room in there to fit a 13x8.5" amp. Im going to use it to push my new Alpine door speakers. Hmmm I better check to make sure there is no Umpa Lumpa's tucked away in there,thanks.

Old 03-05-2006, 07:18 PM
yea theres a ton of room, the initial fit is tight- getting it thru the opening, but once in there, youve got a friggin bat-cave. sorry, no pics to show ya...didnt have the memory card in it that day- arg.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:04 PM
yea theres a ton of room, the initial fit is tight- getting it thru the opening, but once in there, youve got a friggin bat-cave. sorry, no pics to show ya...didnt have the memory card in it that day- arg.
I will ask the installer about it tomorrow to see what he thinks. Thanks for the tip

Old 03-05-2006, 08:11 PM
Yeah, no doubt - good call, you could almost fit a freakin VW in our dashes!

Old 03-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Originally Posted by Doo2theSea
Yeah, no doubt - good call, you could almost fit a freakin VW in our dashes!
So you dont see a problem with ventilation if it was in there? And there is nothing to tinker with on these amps once there setup? Just tuck it away and dont worry? Thanks.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:31 PM
I have 3 amps on the back wall and the brain to my D310 along with my H701 in the dash area...and still have room to spare.

Old 03-05-2006, 08:41 PM
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by AirborneRacer
So you dont see a problem with ventilation if it was in there? And there is nothing to tinker with on these amps once there setup? Just tuck it away and dont worry? Thanks.
Yes, it will be very well ventilated, I have a blaupunkt video cross connect in there, basically my Alpine In dash (only the face is outside - where the ashtray was), tons of cabling, my PIE.....and there is still TONS of room in there....

Also, once the amp is installed and tested and sound matched to the rest of the system there should be no need to be messing with it any longer.

Hope that helps

Old 03-05-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally Posted by Doo2theSea
Yes, it will be very well ventilated, I have a blaupunkt video cross connect in there, basically my Alpine In dash (only the face is outside - where the ashtray was), tons of cabling, my PIE.....and there is still TONS of room in there....

Also, once the amp is installed and tested and sound matched to the rest of the system there should be no need to be messing with it any longer.

Hope that helps
The info does help thanks.

Old 03-05-2006, 10:29 PM
My amp is going under the larger seat (Rockford power1000) and I'm going to build a fiberglass box for under the small(passenger) side for a single 10" boston G5. Box on the seat 1/2 cube, sub mounted inverted hanging down, jack in the bed or maybe under the front seat.

Quick Reply: Let me try here,no feedback in audio.