2004 - 2008 F-150

There's a NEW Intake System in town!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006 | 08:32 AM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Hey guys, I got hooked up from the guys over at Ground Force, who happen to also be involved with GREEN High Performance filters USA. They sent me a semi-prototype intake system. It's complete, and now entering production...they said it should be available through many of the typical online retailers soon (summit, JC Whitney, etc). I will post links if and when I get them.

For now, check out my gallery to see the awesome setup they've put together. Mine is for the 5.4 and from how it was explained to me it utilizes the factory upper plenum and airbox, and aessentially adds in a non-restrictive intake tube with a TRUE cold air forced induction type setup. It pulls it in from the bottom of the engine bay, and is supposed to really come to life on the freeway when the air is really jammed in there.

GREEN worked with Ford directly to make this kit, so it is great in that it shouldn't throw any CEL by any means, and it was made to stay relatively QUIET. Something I think a lot of us were unhappy about with the AF1 and other brands making all kinds of noise.

My truck is getting re-geared right now, so I'll install the kit and take more pics later today. I'll update this post then.

For now, check out my gallery for the shots of the uninstalled kit.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=10686

This is not intended to be a flame, slam, or anything similar.
But there is absolutely NO WAY Ford worked with this Company in designing the mentioned intake system. Just didn't happen...

Old 03-11-2006 | 02:38 PM
|
Suspended
Oh, really? And that is based on what? I personally met with one of the family/owners of the company. He explained why the intake ended up looking how it does, and it made perfect sense considering part of the design was influenced by Ford engineers. Considering they used the FORD filter location, FORD filter design, and FORD mounting bracket, along with similar design in the tube itself... it would seem fairly reasonable, right?

And also, Ground Force is directly involved with FORD RACING and they ALREADY developed a truck for next year that comes FROM THE FACTORY with a Ground Force 2/4 lowering kit. *I* ave a color brochure BY Ford Racing with Ground Force's name ALL over it, including pics of the actual lowered truck, as well as a few lifted ones as well.

I can take pics of that if you don't believe me on that either.

And as for the question about the box being confusing, that is because the kit JUST finished, it's sort of pre-full production so they probably just have the actual box finished yet. Like I said, I got this direct from them, not through a retailer.

Old 03-11-2006 | 03:48 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Oh, really? And that is based on what? I personally met with one of the family/owners of the company. He explained why the intake ended up looking how it does, and it made perfect sense considering part of the design was influenced by Ford engineers. Considering they used the FORD filter location, FORD filter design, and FORD mounting bracket, along with similar design in the tube itself... it would seem fairly reasonable, right?

And also, Ground Force is directly involved with FORD RACING and they ALREADY developed a truck for next year that comes FROM THE FACTORY with a Ground Force 2/4 lowering kit. *I* ave a color brochure BY Ford Racing with Ground Force's name ALL over it, including pics of the actual lowered truck, as well as a few lifted ones as well.

I can take pics of that if you don't believe me on that either.

And as for the question about the box being confusing, that is because the kit JUST finished, it's sort of pre-full production so they probably just have the actual box finished yet. Like I said, I got this direct from them, not through a retailer.

No need to get upset. I did not call YOU a liar. I just spent a large part of my life as an Engineer with Ford Motor Company, and it is VERY seldom, if EVER that they work in conjunction with anyone from the outside on an aftermarket performance product, unless it has the name Roush on it. The reason they used the Ford filter location, and Ford mounting brackets is because it saved them money in their aftermarket design. "Less design + less materials = larger profit margin !!!!
The factory intake tract on the new 3 valve motors had a whole lot of $$$$$$
spent on its R&D to make it as efficent, yet ugly as it is. If FORD would have wanted it designed like the Companies you mentioned, they would have done it that way themselves....Maybe the Company you mentioned is not being honest with you....Didn't mean you any personal grief over my statement.

Last edited by Marc Carpenter; 03-11-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-11-2006 | 04:08 PM
Maybe you have not seen the Airraid MIT same thing old news

Old 03-11-2006 | 04:54 PM
|
Suspended
Considering I have in my hands FORD brochures with these companies names all over it, aftermarket companies left and right working hand and hand with Ford Racing to develop specialty vehicles- I find it very easy to believe. Ford Racing will be delivering pre-lifted trucks with aftermarket chrome wheels, lift kits of I think 5 or 7 inches, lowered trucks, etc... all from Ford. Rousch didn't have anything to do with anything on any of these vehicles either.

Times change, and although it may have been one way when you worked with them, it obviously isn't that way now. And like I said before, I'll gladly upload pics of this stuff if you still think it is so impossible.

and yes, they likely used a lot of the FORd ideas to save money, but at the same time it was explained that since they worked with some of the engineers they said the engineers had spent a lot of time and money developing the intake and they didn't want to overly offend them for changing it. not to mention the fact they swore by it. Plus, the reason why automakers design many things the way they do is because they appeal to the largest amount of potential buyers. Most people don't want a louder or more aggressive intake, they prefer a quiet one and could care less about 5 more HP.

I'm not upset, I don't care. It's not my company, I just find it hilarious when people try and act like know it alls because they have so much personal experience and refuse to open up to other possibilities.

the guy didn't lie to me, and if he did, the 10+ page brochure printed by Ford Racing sure doesn't. But then again, you probably wouldn't believe that either...

Old 03-11-2006 | 06:23 PM
That's the exact same thing as the Airraid MIT ($90.00), except it's in two pieces. I have one on my 5.4, It has a bit of a "roar" when just starting out with a cold engine, but otherwise silent. I have it paired with a K&N drop-in, and think I picked up a fraction of a MPG. As far as added power? Nah.....

Old 03-11-2006 | 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by rta108
That's the exact same thing as the Airraid MIT ($90.00), except it's in two pieces. I have one on my 5.4, It has a bit of a "roar" when just starting out with a cold engine, but otherwise silent. I have it paired with a K&N drop-in, and think I picked up a fraction of a MPG. As far as added power? Nah.....
But sure looks cool

Old 03-11-2006 | 11:34 PM
I've seen same setup on a ford aftermarket parts site, checked fordracing, didn't find it. Can't seem to recall where but it was covered here within last year. This is not a new design and is also similiar to the Airaid MIT. I remember looking at a similiar one, sponsored by ford and recommended for "off road use only". Stayed with the Airaid/AF1 cai design because they had the mosted "stated" hp increase.
Before I bought the cai, I used the Green drop in filter, it claimed to have more airflow than the k&n drop in and was one of the first to have the felt surrounds when the new 04's came out.

Old 03-12-2006 | 10:57 AM
Check pics in gallery. Same as Airaid Jr.

Old 03-12-2006 | 11:01 AM
I would, but I don't want to go hacking it... I'll do bolt-on, but I'm not sawing anything to pieces...
You can remove the snorkle without cutting anything. Bill at EDGE products stated in another post that just removing the snorkle is good for 5 hp at WOT.

Old 03-12-2006 | 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by expy03
You can remove the snorkle without cutting anything. Bill at EDGE products stated in another post that just removing the snorkle is good for 5 hp at WOT.

Old 03-14-2006 | 12:57 AM
I just installed this intake on my truck last week. Very easy install. I haven't noticed a huge gain in power except at high speeds. This is what the kit looks like installed.

Old 03-14-2006 | 01:43 AM
|
Suspended
Originally Posted by hitmypoolballs
I just installed this intake on my truck last week. Very easy install. I haven't noticed a huge gain in power except at high speeds. This is what the kit looks like installed.

That's what I was told to expect as well. I had a K&N drop-in before I put this on so I'm thinking I'll notice it even less.

I'm hoping this combined with my exhaust and my troyer tuning will add up to a noticable gain though.

Oh- I spray painted my screws and the bracket black and it looks really clean- almost stock. Thought I would throw that out there for you.

Oh, what did it cost you?

Old 03-14-2006 | 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by expy03
You are talking about the 4.6 correct?

Quick Reply: There's a NEW Intake System in town!!!!!!