2004 - 2008 F-150

There's a NEW Intake System in town!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2006 | 04:10 PM
|
Suspended
Exclamation There's a NEW Intake System in town!!!!!!(NEW PICS!)

Hey guys, I got hooked up from the guys over at Ground Force, who happen to also be involved with GREEN High Performance filters USA. They sent me a semi-prototype intake system. It's complete, and now entering production...they said it should be available through many of the typical online retailers soon (summit, JC Whitney, etc). I will post links if and when I get them.

For now, check out my gallery to see the awesome setup they've put together. Mine is for the 5.4 and from how it was explained to me it utilizes the factory upper plenum and airbox, and aessentially adds in a non-restrictive intake tube with a TRUE cold air forced induction type setup. It pulls it in from the bottom of the engine bay, and is supposed to really come to life on the freeway when the air is really jammed in there.

GREEN worked with Ford directly to make this kit, so it is great in that it shouldn't throw any CEL by any means, and it was made to stay relatively QUIET. Something I think a lot of us were unhappy about with the AF1 and other brands making all kinds of noise.

My truck is getting re-geared right now, so I'll install the kit and take more pics later today. I'll update this post then.

For now, check out my gallery for the shots of the uninstalled kit.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=10686

Last edited by Lumadar; 03-10-2006 at 09:17 PM.
Old 03-10-2006 | 04:14 PM
Sounds promising.....personally I LIKE the sound of my AF1 - reminds me there's an ENGINE under there!! Be sure and post your results after driving with the new CAI for a while.

Old 03-10-2006 | 04:15 PM
it says "offroad use only". Does that mean we can't drive it on the street or freeway??? or maybe not emission legal????

Old 03-10-2006 | 04:21 PM
|
Suspended
Originally Posted by Y2KWHT150
it says "offroad use only". Does that mean we can't drive it on the street or freeway??? or maybe not emission legal????
Where do you see that? And if it does say that somewhere it is just for some legality BS.

Old 03-10-2006 | 04:25 PM
That's very similar to my "homegrown" intake... I used a K&N drop-in then removed the portion of intake going into the fenderwell and replaced with a 90 elbow and 3" tube down to the front grill... got much better performance... but much worse gas mileage... ended up taking it off.
for now.

Last edited by ieee_raider; 03-10-2006 at 04:27 PM.
Old 03-10-2006 | 04:25 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Where do you see that? And if it does say that somewhere it is just for some legality BS.
What it really means is that the product has not yet passed CARB certification. For instance, my AF1 came with an underhood sticker that lists the CARB certification number.....so when the smog man comes a calling - you don't get busted for having illegal parts on your truck. Now, it may just be the case that Green Industries has not yet had the time to have the new CAI tested and certified through CARB.

Old 03-10-2006 | 05:04 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Hey guys, I got hooked up from the guys over at Ground Force, who happen to also be involved with GREEN High Performance filters USA. They sent me a semi-prototype intake system. It's complete, and now entering production...they said it should be available through many of the typical online retailers soon (summit, JC Whitney, etc). I will post links if and when I get them.

For now, check out my gallery to see the awesome setup they've put together. Mine is for the 5.4 and from how it was explained to me it utilizes the factory upper plenum and airbox, and aessentially adds in a non-restrictive intake tube with a TRUE cold air forced induction type setup. It pulls it in from the bottom of the engine bay, and is supposed to really come to life on the freeway when the air is really jammed in there.

GREEN worked with Ford directly to make this kit, so it is great in that it shouldn't throw any CEL by any means, and it was made to stay relatively QUIET. Something I think a lot of us were unhappy about with the AF1 and other brands making all kinds of noise.

My truck is getting re-geared right now, so I'll install the kit and take more pics later today. I'll update this post then.

For now, check out my gallery for the shots of the uninstalled kit.

https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?num=10686

I like that, How much will it sell for.

Old 03-10-2006 | 07:15 PM
Where do you see that? And if it does say that somewhere it is just for some legality BS

look at the second pic:one with F150 truck on it

Old 03-10-2006 | 07:18 PM
Ieee raider

have you tried without those sliencer (those extra thing that is attached to the actual air tube). I removed it (much better response...little bit louder but not bad at all).

Old 03-10-2006 | 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by Y2KWHT150
Ieee raider

have you tried without those sliencer (those extra thing that is attached to the actual air tube). I removed it (much better response...little bit louder but not bad at all).
I would, but I don't want to go hacking it... I'll do bolt-on, but I'm not sawing anything to pieces...

Old 03-10-2006 | 07:52 PM
how much was it?

Old 03-10-2006 | 09:17 PM
|
Suspended
I've installed it, which was quite simple... I ended up painting the bolts and bracket black, and then adding a washer (wasn't 100% needed, but it was better off with it) and voila. It took about 15-20 minutes including paint drying time.

ANYONE could install it in under 30 minutes no problem.

As for the price, I got mine for free... so not positive on what they will charge, I will try and find out I'm pretty sure it will be the most reasonable one out there.

AS FOR THE RESULTS... I just took a quick spin w/o resetting my PCM or anything and I can honestly say the power increase is hard to tell (I did have a K&N drop-in filter before, which I did notice a slight gain from, so it probably marginalized the difference compared to stock to now). I only got up to about 60, and GREEN said it would be most noticable on the freeway due to the ram-air effect.

As for NOISE, it was literally 98% silent. AWESOME if you don't want the added noise. I wouldn't really even say it was 2% louder, just a different, deeper rumble at upper RPMS.

I love the kit, and can't wait to get my custom tune going to really take advantage of it.

(NEW PICS OF INSTALLED SYSTEM IN MY GALLERY).

If anyone wants one PM me or email me Lumadar@gmail.com and I will see the quickest and cheapest way to make it available to you.

Old 03-10-2006 | 09:40 PM
That looks just like the TrueFlow intake system...

Old 03-11-2006 | 12:37 AM
pretty sweet, looks like the airraid jr. for our 5.4's as well

Old 03-11-2006 | 05:33 AM
umm...

why does the first pic of it in your gallery show a Cone filter.... and then your "parts it comes with" shows a drop in filter flat filter?

kinda confusing.....

Quick Reply: There's a NEW Intake System in town!!!!!!