2004 - 2008 F-150

Instrument Cluster Upgrade ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Instrument Cluster Upgrade ?'s

Hi all... I have an 06 XLT Screw. What I wanna do is change out my gauges for the FX4 gauges. I've searched the forum for it, but can't run across anything. I used to have an Avalanche and people did cluster swaps all the time. Basically upgrading for a better look and more options, i.e. fuel til empty, etc. Just wondering if anyone knows any options.

Thanks all!

Old 04-03-2006, 08:13 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dclements
Hi all... I have an 06 XLT Screw. What I wanna do is change out my gauges for the FX4 gauges. I've searched the forum for it, but can't run across anything. I used to have an Avalanche and people did cluster swaps all the time. Basically upgrading for a better look and more options, i.e. fuel til empty, etc. Just wondering if anyone knows any options.

Thanks all!
It can be done easily.. As far as options, the FX4 and XLT clusters are the same...

Old 04-03-2006, 08:38 PM
I guess the options I'm looking for, other than the kick a$$ look of the FX4 is adding more options to the display. I guess I'm pretty new with Fords so I don't know what the Lariate or FX4 really display. All I know is that my XLT shows me Trip and the Odometer and that's all. It's kinda boring. I'd like more. Maybe I don't have to upgrade the entire cluster. Do you know if that's something the dealer can just program in?

Thanks for your help.

Old 04-03-2006, 09:13 PM
K, I was just looking on the Ford site and I see that I need to go to the Lariate, King Ranch or the HD model of Cluster for the other messages. They call it the message center. Has anyone done this or am I just greedy?

Quick Reply: Instrument Cluster Upgrade ?'s