2004 - 2008 F-150

Speedo Corrected -- Happy New Edge Customer

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006 | 08:17 AM
|
Speedo Corrected -- Happy New Edge Customer

The company I bought the Edge off of came thru -- everythingoffroad.com. I ordered it at 2pm PST Thursday and had it was waiting on my doorstep 2pm EST Friday! I had it installed & running within 15 minutes.

I set it for: Level 2, Speed Limiter to 120, Gears to 4.10 and had to mess around with tire size to get it perfect.

On Level 2 I can feel a major difference in the truck. The two biggest changes are shifting & no throttle lag. The shifts are much harder now & as soon as my foot hits the throttle the truck moves.

Until I read more on it, I'm not going to mess around with level 3. From the little I've read about it there seems to be problems with timing or something around 50 mph while at part-throttle.

Question: what happens if I take the truck to Ford and they reflash my PCM without me returning the truck to stock? The manual says they can help me recover the Edge for a "small fee," but what happens?

Thanks!

Old 04-08-2006 | 11:01 AM
You have to

Return to Stock before taking it to the dealer. If they were to flash it without stock, the edge wont work and you will have lost your stock tune.

Old 04-08-2006 | 11:15 PM
It can be fixed, but it's a big hassle.

In the meantime, you may be left with a "No Start" situation waiting for the Edge tech to get it figured out, and back to you.

It's all done over the phone and internet, but like I said, it's not fun.

Just return to stock first, and don't go through the hassle.

Quick Reply: Speedo Corrected -- Happy New Edge Customer