2004 - 2008 F-150

Magnaflow Vs Flowmaster Help

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006 | 01:17 AM
|
Magnaflow Vs Flowmaster Help

I have a flowmaster exhaust on my truck now and im thinking that im going to get the magnaflow exhaust that comes out in front of the back tires but I am worried that the magnaflow will be to quiet. I was wondering has anyone heard both and whitch is louder. If anyone knows what the loudest exhaust on the market is thats a catback kit please let me know. The only reason that im looking to change exhausts is because after this winter hear the tips have little rust spots starting all over them and I think they look bad now so im starting over. Any help would be great I just dont want to spend $500.00 and not be happy with it.

Old 04-09-2006 | 01:28 AM
Flowmaster is much louder sounds alot more agressive

Old 04-09-2006 | 01:29 AM
check this place out.... www.bbexhaust.com its called a Billy Boat exhaust.....VERY loud and agressive sounding you can hear a sound clip.....wow it sounds amazing...I have a custom exhaust on my truck right now I cant even remember the company my local shop did it because I know the owner of the shop....but my exhaust sounds just like the bbexhaust extremely loud and agressive

Old 04-09-2006 | 02:02 AM
I've heard that the Banks Monster is the loudest, but haven't heard the Magnaflow that exits before the wheel. The Roush that exits before the wheel is very loud, listed as Off Road Use Only...... I have a Magnaflow SISO I just installed tonite and love it... IT's louder than stock , but won't give you Drone head.... Drove 120 miles home tonite after install, 18.1 MPG with Edge Evo Level 2... i'm stoked

Old 04-09-2006 | 02:34 AM
Truck of the Month
I have the Single Chamber Flowmaster, it's an Offroad only exhaust and is loud as hell with the rear cats off. I really shouldn't even post the video as it does not sound the same in real life but it's the latest video I have. Make sure you get your rear cats off (it's also illegal) and you'll be impressed. When you're barely on the pedal it GROWLS, sounds very carbureted-like/muscley.

Exhaust Rev

Old 04-09-2006 | 02:39 AM
Originally Posted by marcolarco52
Flowmaster is much louder sounds alot more agressive
Ditto!

Old 04-09-2006 | 02:40 AM
loudest flowmaster I know of on the market right now I believe is Flowmaster 40 series original...unless someone can correct me thats the loudest flowmaster you can get on your truck.....like i said loudest FLOWMASTER not exhaust system I dont know what is the loudest

Old 04-09-2006 | 02:42 AM
Truck of the Month
That billyboat exhaust clip for the F-150 is not the 3v 5.4L, I guarantee it (no offense). Hope someone buy's it to verify this but that doesn't sound anything like the F-150. Every exhaust I've been through has seemed to amplify the sound, not completely change it. Don't get me wrong, it alters it significantly but not beyond 5.4L recognition. I've been through No Muffler, Magnaflow SIDO, and this SIDO Flowmaster, and now No Cats w/Flowmaster, the sound has always been similar. The 5.4's also do not rev down that quick, even after pulley's, etc the 5.4L still does not build and drop rpms so fast.

Marco, the loudest is the Single Chamber Racing Muffler, the one in the video above.

Old 04-09-2006 | 02:43 AM
none taken but on there site it says its the f150 and when i contacted them they said it was...i wouldnt take any offence to it...its there fault lol and im sorry but no where in my post did I say it was the LOUDEST exhaust out there but i said was extremely loud.....thats all no where does it say its the loudest....as you can see in my other post I said I dont know which is the loudest exhaust on the market

Old 04-09-2006 | 02:52 AM
Truck of the Month
none taken but on there site it says its the f150 and when i contacted them they said it was...i wouldnt take any offence to it...its there fault lol and im sorry but no where in my post did I say it was the LOUDEST exhaust out there but i said was extremely loud.....thats all no where does it say its the loudest....as you can see in my other post I said I dont know which is the loudest exhaust on the market
You thinking of getting that billboat exhaust? Ask them if it turns out to sound nothing like the clip, can you return it for a full refund

Old 04-09-2006 | 03:22 AM
haha nah i aint getting it...but im gonan ask them that ill email them right now....haha if they call me a dumba** ill just say hey its josiahs fault! haha

Old 04-09-2006 | 03:54 AM
Truck of the Month
haha nah i aint getting it...but im gonan ask them that ill email them right now....haha if they call me a dumba** ill just say hey its josiahs fault! haha
You've gotta be JJG

Old 04-09-2006 | 10:11 AM
|
Does anyone have sound clip from the roush side exhaust.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Vs Flowmaster Help