2004 - 2008 F-150

Am I the only one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006 | 06:49 PM
|
Am I the only one?

Maybe its just me but I dunno. I have a 05 RegCab. I've had it close to 7 months, put 13100 miles on it. Today I installed a Leveling Kit. I am not Kidding I got sick to my stomach turning the first bolt. Maybe its just where Im poor and Know this is the last "new" truck I will ever own. LoL

Old 04-09-2006 | 08:04 PM
I have an '05 Regular Cab as well -- picked mine up from the dealer on June 29, 2005, and right now have 574 miles on it.

I have added a few mods here and there (aftermarket rims and tires, Magnaflow cat-back exhaust, GroundForce lowering shackles, etc.) but will admit that I like to avoid doing too much futsing with the factory stuff. I guess I'm hesitant to cross "the point of no return" where you modify the truck so much that it's difficult to return it to factory condition should I ever want to.

I plan on keeping this truck for the rest of my life as my little "baby" along with his "sister" Mustang that I hope to buy in a year or two. Everything I have removed from the truck (factory rims and tires, factory exhaust, factory shackles, etc.) has been saved up in my attic should I ever be compelled to return it to original specs. I suspect that someday it might be more valuable "stock" than it would be with the modifications, so by saving this stuff I can easily return it to factory specs in an afternoon or two.

With any luck, my newborn son will someday inherit a really low mileage F-150, and an equally low mileage Mustang, that he can keep and enjoy for himself. In fact, when I get to that age, if I see that my son has not grown up to become a "car guy" I might be compelled to leave the vehicles to someone else I know who will take care of them properly and enjoy them, rather than just having my son sell them and pi$$ the money away on a vacation or something like that!

I also understand the connection you can get to a new car. I grew up in a family of very modest means -- the only new vehicles my parents ever had were two Chevy trucks (a 1972 and a 1985) that my father purchased for his business. I have been fortunate enough to have gone to school and done well enough for myself that I can afford a few new cars here or there, but because of my upbringing I don't think I will ever lose the "thrill" of getting a new car!

I don't know how old you are, but if you're young enough, don't sell yourself short on what you can and cannot accomplish in life. A little sacrafice up front (putting your nose to the grindstone and getting your education) can make a huge difference in how you can live the rest of your life!

Last edited by ddellwo; 04-09-2006 at 08:07 PM.