2004 - 2008 F-150

Aftermarket Harley Headlights

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2006 | 12:43 AM
|
Aftermarket Harley Headlights

Has anyone purchased any of the Aftermarket Harley lights that I see everywhere for sale? Just wondered how the fit and quality seemed. Thanks.......

Old 04-11-2006 | 02:15 AM
I ordered the Depo headlights on e-bay and they seem just fine without any issues. Quality and the fit are good and they came with all the bulbs.

Old 04-11-2006 | 02:30 AM
I have the Depo lights too... The quality sees the same as OEM. No problems so far.

-stephen

Old 04-11-2006 | 02:37 AM
I had the Depo lights and got water in both I changed to the OEM Harley lights...IMO I say pay the extra $$ and go with the OEM's...They are slightly different looking than the Depo lights, the OEM's corner amber reflector has a black tint to them, the headlight heat shield is black on the OEM's and the OEM's dont have a chrome ring around the edge of the blinker or headlights.

Old 04-11-2006 | 04:06 AM
I got my DEPOS before the HD ones even came out. I think they look good and close to OE. No problems yet so unless they crap out on me they shall remain.

Old 04-11-2006 | 04:44 AM
I have had the DEPO versions on for over a year without any problems. Fit and finish seemed comparable to OEM.

Old 04-11-2006 | 09:50 AM
I had the aftermarket Depo's too since they first came out just over a year ago. No problems at first until about 2 months ago the passenger side started leaking/had moisture in it. There was a one year warranty on them. I just ended up returning both for a partial refund and then I went and bought the OEM Harley ones. They are much nicer than the Depo ones.

Old 04-11-2006 | 12:44 PM
|
Thanks for the input guys! The stock (Non HD) lights have had issues with moisture as well. A good friend of mine works at a ford dealer and was telling me about it and what they do to fix them. I'm tempted to buy another stock set, take them apart and paint them either black or dark shadow gray inside... Thanks again

Old 04-11-2006 | 09:50 PM
I would not suggest taking them apart, painting, and then trying to put them back together. What a trial-by-error if not just a plain pain in the backside (unless you have nothing better to do). Pay the money for new lights. I, too, got the aftermarket black headlights off of EBAY. I also followed the instructions which came with the lights that told me to put a good bead of clear silicone caulk around the entire light housing ... where the black back portion meets the clear front portion. And ... surprise ... no leaks whatsoever. I have no problem recommending them. They're a perfect fit. Oh, and I got mine with clear corners ... no more orange up front. Pics are in my gallery. Good luck.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Harley Headlights