2004 - 2008 F-150

Military guy here...I appreciate Ford (the ONLY company with military rebate)

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2006 | 03:54 PM
|
Military guy here...I appreciate Ford (the ONLY company with military rebate)

I just wanted to give Ford a big shout out I will be picking my 06' FX4 Screw up later today and really appreciate the fact that I will receive a $500 military bonus. Its not much, but every little bit helps and makes me proud to buy a ford and be an American. Its hard to swallow sometimes the fact that all of the auto manufacturers sleep under the blanket of freedom that our military has provided for many decades, and doesnt offer any discounts toward purchasing their vehicles. Their attitude is thanks, but the hell with you anyway. Goes to show, at the end of the day, Ford is the only company who seems to care (consistant)
BTW: Mudonthetires is in Iraq...lets all give him a big shout out. Thanks brother

Last edited by paulphilly; 04-12-2006 at 03:56 PM.
Old 04-12-2006 | 04:24 PM
As a "Military Guy" myself, and one who also happened to take advantage of a military discount when I purchased my truck, I feel compelled to respond.

Its hard to swallow sometimes the fact that all of the auto manufacturers sleep under the blanket of freedom that our military has provided for many decades, and doesn’t offer any discounts toward purchasing their vehicles.
When I enlisted, I did it to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic", not get cool discounts on goods and services. It is nice to get such discounts, but if a company pays their taxes, they already support me on the first and fifteenth of every month.

Their attitude is thanks, but the hell with you anyway.
Because they don't treat you like you're extra special? Maybe if they don't give teachers discounts, it means to hell with them too. And what about cops? Firefighters? EMTs? The guy who takes your order at McDonalds? To hell with them too?

Grow up, and realize that the greatest "perk" of service is the honor of wearing our country's flag on your shoulder, and defending the same.

As a side note, this probably should be in the "General Discussion" forum.

Enjoy the day.

Old 04-12-2006 | 04:33 PM
Ford DOES appreciate you.
Thanks again!

Old 04-12-2006 | 04:51 PM
I, too, took advantage of Ford's Military Rebate last year (twice). I see it as more of a promotion to get military to buy Fords. Thanks Ford (whatever your motives were).

What sets the men & women in the Profession of Arms apart from Law Enforcement, Teaching and the guy at McDonald's is that no other public orientated profession demands of its members the "Unlimited Liability Clause". In other words; you will live, you will kill and you will die... when I say. But, I doubt that's what Ford had in mind when they offered the $500 rebate.

Old 04-12-2006 | 05:24 PM
Suspended
How does the military rebate work? Do you have to be currently active, or would say my dad who is a retired Marine from vietnam be eligable?

Old 04-12-2006 | 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by Lumadar
How does the military rebate work? Do you have to be currently active, or would say my dad who is a retired Marine from vietnam be eligable?
Anyone who is/was in the Military is eligable for the discount.

Old 04-12-2006 | 05:45 PM
|
Originally Posted by Turnbuckle
As a "Military Guy" myself, and one who also happened to take advantage of a military discount when I purchased my truck, I feel compelled to respond.

When I enlisted, I did it to "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic", not get cool discounts on goods and services. It is nice to get such discounts, but if a company pays their taxes, they already support me on the first and fifteenth of every month.

Because they don't treat you like you're extra special? Maybe if they don't give teachers discounts, it means to hell with them too. And what about cops? Firefighters? EMTs? The guy who takes your order at McDonalds? To hell with them too?

Grow up, and realize that the greatest "perk" of service is the honor of wearing our country's flag on your shoulder, and defending the same.

As a side note, this probably should be in the "General Discussion" forum.

Enjoy the day.
See Worland's post! I agree, teachers, cops, Firefighters, all should have discounts as well. But, last time I checked, they were not in Iraq. And, if they are, its under their own free will and becaue they are getting paid big bucks. Bottom line, NO MILITARY=NO USA or DEMOCRACY!

Old 04-12-2006 | 06:45 PM
I am also in the military but I didn't take advantage of the discount (dealership said I couldn't with the family plan). Oh well. BTW, I remember Jeep was offering discounts to police, fire, and EMS not too long ago, I know it wasn't much of a discount but like what was said before, every little bit helps.

Old 04-12-2006 | 08:55 PM
Not only does Ford appreciate you, but we do also...

Old 04-12-2006 | 09:27 PM
Suspended
hold up here....Ford has discounts for employes' who work for Nortell ( canada ) and I have worked as a rent a cop and the companys I worked for all got 500.00 cdn discounts, I bet it's the same perk as employee pricing, or x plan pricing, take Ford's 500.00 rebate and I bet you any a,b,c, auto company will match it...

Ford 500.00 discount can be used to buy a Mazda, Volvo, Jaguar, thier not American, but part of the Ford Family....

Old 04-12-2006 | 10:31 PM
Originally Posted by firehead36
Not only does Ford appreciate you, but we do also...

You took the words out of my mouth, thanks guys!!

Old 04-12-2006 | 10:40 PM
Originally Posted by paulphilly
See Worland's post! I agree, teachers, cops, Firefighters, all should have discounts as well. But, last time I checked, they were not in Iraq. And, if they are, its under their own free will and becaue they are getting paid big bucks. Bottom line, NO MILITARY=NO USA or DEMOCRACY!
Probably gonna **** a couple people off, but oh well, here goes.

First, let me start with, yes, we do appreciate you and what you are doing for the country, now on to the controversy.

For is not doing this because of appreciation, they are doing it to give you more of an incentive to buy their vehicle over a competitor. Which, Gm carried a military rebate, as well as Jeep I believe still has one.

Now here is the part that bothers me, and will offend a few... You feel that these companies owe YOU a discount for a decision YOU made about what to do with YOUR life. If you sgined up for the military for the fame, and to have people give you freebies you got in for the entirely wrong reason. I agree with turnbuckle-
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

and then you go on to act as if your job is more important because you are spending 6-9 months over in Iraq, or wherever it is you are stationed. How about the cops that work their beat for 20+ years, life on the line every day, not just for one short tour. Personally, the only thing that anyone owes you, is the respect and appreciation that you made the decision to enlist in our armed forces, whatever your motive behind it may have been. Again, thank you for ensuring our freedom, and giving us the comfort, safety, and peacy of mind that many of us overlook...

Old 04-12-2006 | 11:08 PM
I say "HELL YES" to the all the military folks who have served honorably. You deserve whatever perks can be afforded for serving a nation indebted to you. Lord knows you're way underpaid for what you do.

Old 04-12-2006 | 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by big_rob
..not just for one short tour.
I wish!

I'm in the military and have done several tours over there...in the last 5 years as well as during the Gulf War in '91. Not to mention all the (shall we say) "peace keeping" and "humanitarian" efforts in between.

I've been in long enough that my oath (every time I recited it and it has been several) "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic" actually means something to me.

I'm not knocking what Police, Fire, EMT, etc. has done for our country (and HIGHLY respect their contibutions and sacrafices) but don't EVER try to belittle what I have done or anyone else in the military!

HAVE YOU EVER SERVED IN A TIME OF WAR?

Old 04-13-2006 | 12:25 AM
|
Originally Posted by brypink2
I wish!

I'm in the military and have done several tours over there...in the last 5 years as well as during the Gulf War in '91. Not to mention all the (shall we say) "peace keeping" and "humanitarian" efforts in between.

I've been in long enough that my oath (every time I recited it and it has been several) "support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic" actually means something to me.

I'm not knocking what Police, Fire, EMT, etc. has done for our country (and HIGHLY respect their contibutions and sacrafices) but don't EVER try to belittle what I have done or anyone else in the military!

HAVE YOU EVER SERVED IN A TIME OF WAR?
Brypink2, took the words right out of my mouth

Big Rob, I understand where you are coming from and certainly agree that there are many public service professions that derserve "$500 bonuses". And, yes we who have served/are serving our country have taken the oath willingly and knowingly. BUT, you obviously have never dawned the uniform or you would understand that no other profession (ie; Teacher, Police, Fire, EMT, etc.) are asked to be away from their families for 18 months at a time in a foreign country. Those professions, while certainly respected, do not carry the same burdens or intense sacrifices that being a soldier carry (although they are very unappreciated at times--especially teachers). How do I know? Well, I was a Federal Law Enforcement Officer for 5 years, volunteer Fire Fighter for 8 years and worked with many EMT's. Also, I have many friends who are teachers. Now, while each of those professions do carry a great amount of responsibility and sacrifice, they certainly do not require men and women to stand a post, man a weapon, and defend our country with their life if needed. I started this thread to solely give thanks to Ford for providing a rebate to our beloved men/women who "chose" to put themselves in harms way so that you could have the freedom to sit at your computer and enjoy this great website. It kills me when people think that military personel want "special treatment". No, we just want respect! At the end of the day, especially after 9/11, a majority of Americans sure fell in love with the military all of a sudden. Why? Because Americans felt threatened and cried for their military. Like Jack said in A Few Good Men, "I dont have the time or inclination to explain myself to a person like you who sleeps under the blanket of freedom I provide"

And, YES...I think these companied owe ANYONE who has served our military.

Last edited by paulphilly; 04-13-2006 at 12:30 AM.

Quick Reply: Military guy here...I appreciate Ford (the ONLY company with military rebate)