2004 - 2008 F-150

Driveshaft problems???

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006 | 11:23 PM
|
Driveshaft problems???

if i were to get an 12" lift with 40 inch tires, would i need to modify my driveshaft at all? or anything? i know id be using 4.88 gears

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:17 AM
Oh yeah new driveshafts will be called for. Along with new/longer brake lines, tranny linkage, t-case linkage. You might consider a different gear ratio, unless you have a manual.

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:30 AM
|
how much would all that run?

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:32 AM
Truck of the Month
Your brakelines should be fine, there is slack to be had in them and you can just extend them with additional hosing if you know what you're doing. You should be okay with those gears. A lot of kids come on here saying they're going to do this and do that, but never do it. I would suggest researching as much as possible and then ask questions or you'll look like you're changing your mind too much. If you have to ask whether or not you should get an 8, 10 or 12" lift then you haven't made your mind up yet nor have you done enough research. I really don't mean to be a jerk and I know I am, but it gets a little old hearing all these radical ideas and 90% of the time it's never brought up again. I hope you do get one of those lift kits because it will look great, but like I said there are several threads that ask about things like this, moreso on ftw but here as well. This is a good question but I'm referring to past posts, good luck!

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:48 AM
|
o well i know for a fact im lifting.....originally 6 inch fabtech 3 inch body lift...but id rather have all suspension lift

thats why im asking about these 8 10 and 12 lifts.....ive done some research...just not on these lifts and i figured ask on here since theres sooo many experienced members, i can get alot of info off them.

whats most likely going to happen is a 8 inch lift from Rize Ind.
But im looking for a 10" lift....which im sure Full Throttle makes.....but if it comes down to it im just going to do my 6 inch and 3 inch.....

BUT my truck will b lifted....and it will be more then 6 inches...it just wont be started under June.....because i get out of school end of May, no time right now.
ALSO i just ordered yesterday the rest of my stereo system.....

Elemental Designs 2 11Kv.2 Dual 4 subs (10") and NINe.2 and NINe.2X amps
with Peerless 5 inch components

Old 04-14-2006 | 12:50 AM
|
i just wanna know if any seirous mods are going to be needed.....this is why i will prob go with the 8 inch cause i dont think anything like driveshafts will b needed. with a 10 " lift...will anything be needed?

Quick Reply: Driveshaft problems???