2004 - 2008 F-150

Who says these trucks cant race? - Road Atlanta Year One Bash (pics and vids)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 03:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Josiah
Airborne, I don't think there was anything "friendly" about their parting ways. That arrogant painter left after living with boyd and his family for so many years (boyds wife was in tears begging the guy not to leave). Thats just something you are raised not to do out here, family is always first. He didn't like the way something is going in a damn shop and he sold boyd out, he did not bring it up to someone who can fix that. And as for Chip, am I the only one who heard about Overhaulin screwing someone on the shows vehicle over, they went out and abused his car doing burnouts, freeway passes, etc. Things the owner asked them specifically not to do. I remember him not faulting Chip and actually thanking him and blaming it on overhauling, so it's probably not right to bring it up. Chip is probably a good guy, I just hate that God damn painter.

Smok][n, those are some sick video's. What is the deal with running such low boosts (so it seems to a newb) on the Roush. Why can't it safely handle more.

Thats cool Joshua, Im with you dude. I will just be glad to get my **** back to the States so I can watch all my old shows. New or reruns. Im getting pretty freakin tired of shows that I cant understand that are in Korean or AFN which edits out any serious curse words and fleshy shots(if you know what I mean) from all the HBO and Cinamax movies. Kind of sucks.

Old 04-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Suspended
Awesome videos and pictures man!

But, come on now. I'll let Chip Foose dump loads of money into my 65 Mustang and he can do as many burnouts and freeway passes as he wants!

Old 04-24-2006, 05:23 PM
naw i didnt get an autograph, although i think my g/f's mom did. and now i remember someone saying something about Chip signing your dash for you. i wanted to maybe get that done, but there was just sooo much going on that day that i got sidetracked and just now remembered it lol.

as for the wheels, i had a bit of a DOH! moment about 6 months ago and my front pair of wheels were damaged. i just got a new set of toyos so i should be able to get 2 new wheels here pretty soon. i think they wouldve helped a bit on the handling. also, my front rotors are shot for some reason. my brakes were getting so hot and wobbly at the end that i had to lay back on the turns cause of it. i think with new wheels/tires, brakes, sway and traction bars, it will handle alot better.

as far as the roush only putting out 6 psi, all i can say is they wanted to keep it safe. sure the motor could prolly take 9-10 psi or more, but for how long? they make an upgarde kit now for the roush which ups the boost, but im going to hold off on that till i have enough money for a new built motor, just in case it blows

Old 04-24-2006, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113

But, come on now. I'll let Chip Foose dump loads of money into my 65 Mustang and he can do as many burnouts and freeway passes as he wants!
Hell yeah to that. You can clean the rubber off no problema. If you build it i will come. I think the dude is awesome and seems like a very level headed guy that has all that success and in such demand.
Now if you want to talk about someone else that can design/build cars with the HP to back it up thats Troy Trepanier. That dude and his crew rock the house also. His cars will give you freakin whiplash.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113

I believe they blew his engine and didn't purchase a new one to replace it. Something along those lines. I bet you just changed your mind

Old 04-24-2006, 07:12 PM
thats a good lookin truck

Old 04-24-2006, 08:42 PM
oh and just another tidbit... in that 1st rearview clip, the blue mustang two cars behind me was Chip Foose

he was prolly muttering "damn slow *** truck holdin me up" under his breath

Old 04-25-2006, 09:15 AM
Hell yeah to that. You can clean the rubber off no problema. If you build it i will come. I think the dude is awesome and seems like a very level headed guy that has all that success and in such demand.
chip is awesome. Boyd has been in chapter 11 enough times. can't seem to run a company. and the american Hotrod show is making a mockery of his business. ( prolly reality) I would NEVER have Boyd build my hotrod, and my dream is to have Chip build one. He is so humble. His show is ALL about the owner. and their reaction to the vehicle, somehting they would never have the time or money to do. Chipo never takes the credit and always deflects the attention to his team. That guy is so talented. he drew a rendering upside down in front of a handicapped child who was a big fan on one of his shows.

Now if Overhaulin would jsut steal my 70 Buick Skylark :o)

The reason Roush runs 6 psi boost is their stage 2 or 3 package comes with a full 3 year ford warranty.

Smok][n, your truck looks awesome, but I may be biased :o)
We did an interior project on a Roush Stage 3. 445hp !!!! intercooled supercharger. That truck was awesome to drive.

Ramb

Old 04-25-2006, 10:35 PM
thanks rambunctious, and might i add thats one good lookin truck ya got there

Quick Reply: Who says these trucks cant race? - Road Atlanta Year One Bash (pics and vids)