2004 - 2008 F-150

Who says these trucks cant race? - Road Atlanta Year One Bash (pics and vids)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 01:21 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Who says these trucks cant race? - Road Atlanta Year One Bash (pics and vids)

sorry i havent posted much lately, ben busy. got to head to the Road Atlanta Year One Bash this weekend.

Was able to put the truck on the dyno saturday... it did about what i thought , 308 rwhp & 332 rwtq. the numbers may seem a little low, but it was 80 degrees with newar 100% humidity. Plus my heavy 22's, 3.55 gears and 100 mph speed limiter are holding it back. Im going take it back once i get my 4.10's installed and custom tune. Im thinking around 340 on a cooler day...

anyway i was able to 3 sets of parade laps (10 laps) at the Road Atlanta track (2.75 miles - 12 turns). it was simply the best time i can remember having since i was a kid. The first time out they put me behind some older guy in a mustang gt who was afraid to drive... the pace car had to slow down to let us catch up. In the second session, i had a rumble bee and a silverado behind me. The dam rumble bee had the guys wife driving and was falling wayyyyyy back so once again the pace car had to slow to let everyone catch up. The third session was great. i was behind my buddy's 02 Z28 and we were hauling ***. He was also lucky enough to get in on a session with Chip Foose(white camaro with red stripes)

I went to the Atlanta Dragway on Saturday to make some 1/4 mile runs, but the rain earlier in the day cut short the test and tune sessions, so i didnt get to run. got to see some nice outlaw 10.5 cars though...

got several videos and pics below:

dyno run 1:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...28470866F0.htm

dyno run 2:

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/5...95E8DC969E.htm

lap following mustang

http://media.putfile.com/stuck-behind-a-slow-stang

haulin ***

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/A...D614FE7746.htm

rumble bee HAHA

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/0...315A1EBD73.htm

rear view 1

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3...88A3DCAFC1.htm

rear view 2

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/C...5FCE530C2C.htm

Last edited by Smok][n; 04-24-2006 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-24-2006, 01:36 AM
Old 04-24-2006, 01:37 AM
Old 04-24-2006, 01:39 AM
Old 04-24-2006, 01:41 AM
Old 04-24-2006, 01:42 AM
Nice truck man

Those vids look sweet, but the Mustang one wasn't loading for me.

Either way, you get: and two of the coveted

Old 04-24-2006, 03:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You lucky little...hah. Nice truck and vids. Wish you would have been able to do the 1/4 mile. Those 3.55's really hold you back, I'm surprised. I'm 4x4 and if I was 2wd I might be nearing what you're at n/a'd (my dyno numbers are before I removed rear cats and adding pullies). It was pretty hot when I dynoed, so I might be hitting better numbers then anyway.

Great video's though, I don't care much for Chip Foose as I was pretty fond of the American Hot Rod show where he stole an employee from. Anyways, can you tell us anymore about chip's camaro and how you guys met him? Nice guy?

Old 04-24-2006, 08:02 AM
ok fixed the mustang link

as far as chips car, i didnt really get close to it so im not sure what its got. he was really moving though. i think my g/f took that picture. he was driving maybe 5 different cars that day. we saw him up in the show area and down below. i didnt talk to him myself cause i figured he was getting enough of that already. but my g/f's mom and friends wife both got their picture with him. he seemed like a really nice guy, signing kids shirts and such and never blowing anyone off

Old 04-24-2006, 08:35 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
You lucky little...hah. Nice truck and vids. Wish you would have been able to do the 1/4 mile. Those 3.55's really hold you back, I'm surprised. I'm 4x4 and if I was 2wd I might be nearing what you're at n/a'd (my dyno numbers are before I removed rear cats and adding pullies). It was pretty hot when I dynoed, so I might be hitting better numbers then anyway.

Great video's though, I don't care much for Chip Foose as I was pretty fond of the American Hot Rod show where he stole an employee from. Anyways, can you tell us anymore about chip's camaro and how you guys met him? Nice guy?
How do you figure Chip "stole" the paint dude from Boyd? I liked to watch both shows but I think Foose's operation runs smoother. I mean as smooth as high end, top builders can keep things running.
Remember Chip worked for Boyd back in the day designing and building cars. I think he has made a bit of a name for himself as much as Boyd may like it or not but its good for competition anyways.
Sometimes the bird has to leave the nest and I think it was time for his paint/body guy(wish I could remember his name) to fly the friendly skies to Fooseville. I really liked the Smoothie IIs I used to have on my Lightning (thanks B. Cottington) though.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:19 AM
Since I don't know any better...
Why the different tires up front?

Old 04-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Nice pics and video, looks like a lot of fun.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Awesome pics and video!

Did you get Foose's autograph?

Old 04-24-2006, 01:06 PM
Sweet! I missed a Roush day at the Las Vegas motor speedway in February. They ran the track and had a small show afterwards. I was really bumming that I had to be at work. I'd love to take a roll down a speedway or track with my truck.

Your ride looks sweet out there. You must have been intimidating that mustang guy. Great pics. I'll be able to watch the vid's when I get back home in a week or so.

Old 04-24-2006, 01:14 PM
Old 04-24-2006, 02:34 PM

Airborne, I don't think there was anything "friendly" about their parting ways. That arrogant painter left after living with boyd and his family for so many years (boyds wife was in tears begging the guy not to leave). Thats just something you are raised not to do out here, family is always first. He didn't like the way something is going in a damn shop and he sold boyd out, he did not bring it up to someone who can fix that. And as for Chip, am I the only one who heard about Overhaulin screwing someone on the shows vehicle over, they went out and abused his car doing burnouts, freeway passes, etc. Things the owner asked them specifically not to do. I remember him not faulting Chip and actually thanking him and blaming it on overhauling, so it's probably not right to bring it up. Chip is probably a good guy, I just hate that God damn painter.

Smok][n, those are some sick video's. What is the deal with running such low boosts (so it seems to a newb) on the Roush. Why can't it safely handle more.

Quick Reply: Who says these trucks cant race? - Road Atlanta Year One Bash (pics and vids)