2004 - 2008 F-150

I hate to do it, but I got to ask

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:30 PM
|
I hate to do it, but I got to ask

My father bought a 06 FX4. We both previously had 2003 F-150s. I disabled the the horn chirp and seatbelt reminder on both trucks no problem. So I told him id disable the perimeter lighting and the horn chirp for him. I found the perimeter lighting in the manual, and followed the instructions to a T, but I never got a horn honk. It says I should get one. Am I reading them wrong and losing my mind or could something be up? Also.. I have been searching and searching on how to disable the horn chirp when you lock/unlock the doors. I have typed in everything I could possibly think of, horn, unlock + horn, horn chirps, the list goes on. Does anyone know how to disable the horn chirp when locking/unlocking cars? Thanks guys.

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:35 PM
I dont know how to turn off the horn chirp but if you hit the lock button once you shouldnt get a chirp.

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:44 PM
Originally Posted by 05supercrew
I dont know how to turn off the horn chirp but if you hit the lock button once you shouldnt get a chirp.
That's true, however, I'm not sure the alarm is actually set unless you hit the button twice.

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:46 PM
Originally Posted by FX4&EXCURSION
That's true, however, I'm not sure the alarm is actually set unless you hit the button twice.
Gotcha

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:46 PM

Really that's weird, if I hit mine once it honks and twice it does not. Am I the only one whos alarm works this way?

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:48 PM
What alarm? As far as I know there is no alarm on these trucks from the factory.

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:49 PM
Originally Posted by roushlimited
Really that's weird, if I hit mine once it honks and twice it does not. Am I the only one whos alarm works this way?
That is. Ford musta changed it for 06. I just have the simple OEM key FOB alarm. Hit the button once, doors lock, hit it twice in sequence, they lock and the horn shouts.

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:51 PM
I know on my truck the second chirp just lets you know that your doors are closed and if theres no chirp a door is left open.

Old 05-25-2006 | 01:56 PM
You guys are giving me a complex here I have the standard key fob as well but the only thing that happens on the second click is the lights light up, I did get the alarm activated when I bought my truck. Guess I'll have to ask 02supercrew4X since I bought the truck from his dealership. Maybe they do something different.

Old 05-25-2006 | 02:03 PM
Global Moderator &
That is the way mine works too.

Old 05-25-2006 | 02:07 PM

takes two hits to get my horn to chirp... once and it only flashes the lights..

i've always wondered if the alarm is set when it chirps or is it set when on one hit.

hhmm

chris

Old 05-25-2006 | 02:10 PM
I might have to dig out the manual. Now that I think about it, I'm fairly sure that you can program your FOB to horn chirp on the first button push or the second push when done in sequence. Since RAM chimed in, I'm beginning to wonder if I have a true factory alarm or not.

Old 05-25-2006 | 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by Crstfr
takes two hits to get my horn to chirp... once and it only flashes the lights..

i've always wondered if the alarm is set when it chirps or is it set when on one hit.

hhmm

chris

LOL... Im the exact opposite, since mine chirps on the first and arms it I wonder sometimes if I hit it again and the lights just flash and no chirp if it still keeps the doors locked but disarms the alarm. Guess I'll have to get off my a$$ and actually try it.

Old 05-25-2006 | 02:47 PM
I might have to dig out the manual. Now that I think about it, I'm fairly sure that you can program your FOB to horn chirp on the first button push or the second push when done in sequence. Since RAM chimed in, I'm beginning to wonder if I have a true factory alarm or not.

An easy way to check is lock the door and set "the alarm" with the window down. Then reach in and open the door. Nothing will happen....because there is no alarm. The only "security" thing from the factory is the PASS key thing.

Old 05-25-2006 | 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
An easy way to check is lock the door and set "the alarm" with the window down. Then reach in and open the door. Nothing will happen....because there is no alarm. The only "security" thing from the factory is the PASS key thing.
Ahh, gotcha. Don't I feel cheated For the heck of it, I'm gonna do your test later today. I'll chime in.

Quick Reply: I hate to do it, but I got to ask