2004 - 2008 F-150

E-Fans in

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006 | 01:10 PM
|
E-Fans in

These things are great. I got them from Troyer and the instructions and everything were top notch. While the installation was kind of a pain in the a$$ they are really worth it.
The A/C is 10 times better thats probablly the best part of it. Here in houston any improvement in the A/C is a good thing.
Power wise they are very good too, it pulls much harder at higher RPM's than before especially from the 60-80 range.
Ive also noticed about a 1mpg increase in mileage as well wich again is great.
They make a bada$$ noise too when sitting in the driveway.
Definatley would recommend these things to anyone.
But if you dont have allot of patience working with a vehicle you might want to pay sumone else to put them on for you.

1 quick question for anyone who has the troyer kit.
Im having problems keeping the temperature probe set in the radiatior the little sticky thing will not hold on and i was wondering if anybody had any good solutions for that?
Thanks

Old 05-31-2006 | 01:40 PM
Originally Posted by Fx4man2004
These things are great. I got them from Troyer and the instructions and everything were top notch. While the installation was kind of a pain in the a$$ they are really worth it.
The A/C is 10 times better thats probablly the best part of it. Here in houston any improvement in the A/C is a good thing.
Power wise they are very good too, it pulls much harder at higher RPM's than before especially from the 60-80 range.
Ive also noticed about a 1mpg increase in mileage as well wich again is great.
They make a bada$$ noise too when sitting in the driveway.
Definatley would recommend these things to anyone.
But if you dont have allot of patience working with a vehicle you might want to pay sumone else to put them on for you.

1 quick question for anyone who has the troyer kit.
Im having problems keeping the temperature probe set in the radiatior the little sticky thing will not hold on and i was wondering if anybody had any good solutions for that?
Thanks

Those little sticky things suck. I had a 65 mustang with an E-Fan and I went down to my local auto parts store and bought another install kit for them for like 10 bucks. Basically it's some zip tie things a few sticky pads and a little metal horseshoe wrapped in rubber. I used that to mount my probe and it never moved. I think Hayden/Imperial makes these little install kits.

Old 05-31-2006 | 02:20 PM
Suspended
I used a high temp silicon (Permatex Blue) and sorta made my own "sticky pad"...be sure not to get any on the tip of the probe...just get it in there and run a bead around the probe (engine side of the rad)...then just smooth it out w/your finger. As long as the probe isn't real loose in the rad fins (if it is, try to insert it again a few fins down) the silicon will dry and hold them in place. I haven't had a problem, every now and then I'll check to ensure the fans are coming on at the set temp...still good..

Post some pics when you get a chance..

R/
Craig

Old 05-31-2006 | 02:47 PM
Yea Josiah has the efan in his truck and I was amazed when I saw it and how much room got cleared up with stock fan and enclosure gone!

Im def thinking of getting it.

Old 05-31-2006 | 02:56 PM
|
Im a real big fan of them.
Like i said they did more al around for my truck than any other mod yet.

Old 05-31-2006 | 03:35 PM
Suspended
Can you get them cheaper than $400 for the same quality?

Old 05-31-2006 | 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Can you get them cheaper than $400 for the same quality?
Yep. I think i paid about $250-260 for my setup.. (Flex a Lite)

Instead of buying the kit from flex-a-lite for $400 just go to summitracing.com or jegs.com and buy the 2 16" flex a lite fans from the kit, and the same flex a lite controler from the kit.

This is a total of like $260. Then you mount the fans just like the troyer kit does.

Old 05-31-2006 | 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by bushtree
Yep. I think i paid about $250-260 for my setup.. (Flex a Lite)

Instead of buying the kit from flex-a-lite for $400 just go to summitracing.com or jegs.com and buy the 2 16" flex a lite fans from the kit, and the same flex a lite controler from the kit.

This is a total of like $260. Then you mount the fans just like the troyer kit does.

Is there any difference in CFM between the Troyer and Flex-a-lite fans?.

Old 05-31-2006 | 04:30 PM
I'll check for you. They flex a lites might even pull more CFM.. Let me check...

But it doesn matter anyways... these engines dont need anywhere near the cfm that these e-fan setups are pulling...

Old 05-31-2006 | 04:37 PM
well Troyer says their fans pull 5000CFM and flex-a-lite says theirs kit pulls 5500CFM (i would assume due to the use of the shroud), however the fans i have myself from flex a lite pull 2500cfm each so 5000total just like the troyer fans..

But just like I said, troyer has teh same opinion as well...

"This system provides a whopping 5000 CFM's (roughly double what is required for the new F-150's), enough to support the cooling needs of a 750+ HP supercharged engine in the hottest desert temperatures!"

Old 05-31-2006 | 06:16 PM
Truck of the Month
Be careful with your temperature pots, there are MANY (rafa, bigtruck, several from ftw, myself...we all seem to break both of them...hmm) of us who have broken them and you can't get them replaced under any sort of warranty, it's "abuse" and you're liable (they're not cheap from Troyer, I think around $50 each). I do agree about the performance gains and have posted a review a while back, yeah a little pain in the butt on the wiring but was all worth it. Congrats on doing the install, I am probably going to ditch the broken controllers and purchase a mad controller or just run them by switch with 2 indicator lights (probably the latter).

Old 05-31-2006 | 08:45 PM
I have a dual 14" setup with a mad controller and I love em! Gas mileage was probably the biggest notable difference. I have a switch to manually turn em on, here is a pic.....

Old 05-31-2006 | 08:50 PM
Truck of the Month
Do any of you have fuses that burn up with your troyer kit? Take your fuses out and look at the base of them, are they starting to turn black and melting the fuseholder? I'm having this problem, wonder if it's a bad ground?

Old 05-31-2006 | 09:34 PM
Mine are sitting here, waiting for instruction on how to install. Hope to put them in on Saturday. Did the tuner thing today, hope the addition of fans and intake make it work better.

Old 05-31-2006 | 11:46 PM
I have been looking at troyers kit for a few months I just can't see droping 4 bills on some fans, does Flex-a-lite make a 100% complete kit for our trucks like Troyers or do you have to buy bits a pieces from flex-a-lite to make a kit?

Quick Reply: E-Fans in