2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyone help. Exhaust questions and can't find help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2006 | 07:43 PM
|
Anyone help. Exhaust questions and can't find help.

Ok. I have put up a few threads now and I can't seem to get help. I have done a search and read a ton of questions and can't seem to find what I am looking for. I am going to do a Flowmaster Super 40. I am replacing the stock muffler with the new one, keeping the stock tailpipe and adding a nice tip. What I am having trouble with is deciding on tips. I don't know what length to get. Seems that about 10" is the longest I can go. Also I am wondering if our stock exhaust pipe is 2.5" can I get a tip with 2.25" opening?? I would imagine the exhaust shop can make it work but I want to make sure. Also can someone post a pic of thier SI/SO setup like I am going to do?? I would like to know what tips you are using also. Here are my options on tips.

1. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...e=main&id=1075

2. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

3. http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/s...ne=main&id=681

Can some PLEASE help me out. I need pics and opinions. I just don't know what to get. Want a good looking tip that has a nice bulky look. I don't want a dinky little tip that gets lost behind the truck but i don't want to big that is sticks way out. Don't want it to stick out past the side of the bed at all.

Old 06-10-2006 | 08:22 PM
I had the stock muffler cut out and reused the stock tailpipe, just like you plan on doing. The shop that did my muffler swap said that the tailpipe was 2 3/4" OD. So it might be easier having them put on a tip with a 3" inlet. Just a thought.. As far as looks of a exhaust tip, I can't really help you there. I really didn't care for any of the choises. But thats just my opinion.

Old 06-10-2006 | 08:44 PM
|
So should I get a muffler with 2.75" or 3" inlets instead of 2.5"????

The tip I am looking at is the 3" inlet one that is 10" long.

Old 06-10-2006 | 08:52 PM
My muffler has 3" in/out. The shop that did mine ran a new pipe from the Y to the muffler, then out of the muffler they made an adaptor to fit the tailpipe.

You will probably be better off having the exhaust shop run 3" pipe from the Y to the muffler, then having them bend a 3" tailpipe out of the muffler, then put the tip on. I say this because if you use the stock tailpipe you will have to have an adaptor after the muffler, and then another adaptor at the tip. Just some food for thought.

Last edited by PHS79; 06-10-2006 at 09:00 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone help. Exhaust questions and can't find help.