2004 - 2008 F-150

Will a 06 Supercrew 5.5ft bed hold a Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:27 PM
SnowmaNick
Originally Posted by j080808
For those that transport their cycle, I have used one of these for years and HIGHLY recommend them http://www.canyondancer.com/
Thats what I used to use for my street bikes, worked well for them but with the additional weight of a Harley I'd seriously look at the set up Texas Fat Boy has. It looks pretty bullet proof.

Old 07-01-2006, 12:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I don't have a Fat Boy, but my 6.5' bed will not hold my 1980 Honda CB 750 F with the tailgate up. I have to ride it cross-ways in the bed.

Old 07-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TEXASFATBOY - thanks for the input--i'm going to be sure to put some plywood over the tailgate to prevent it from denting. I also like the look of that chock - i'm assuming that is screwed into the bed itself?
Where are you stationed at? I'm also active duty--Army, stationed at Ft. Bragg, NC.
Nice looking bike. I have a 2002 Sinister Blue and Diamond Ice (blue and silver) fatboy--i absolutely love it. Such a 'man's man' type bike.

Old 07-01-2006, 07:49 PM
I think 3/4" plywood would solve the denting issue.

The wheel chock...is by far, one the best investments I've made. Just roll it in, strap it down, and it's not gonna move unless you take the truck, turn it up-side-down and shake it.

It's comes with two mounting plates that are permanently mounted to the truck bed. With this system, you can remove the chock for more space when hauling anything else. See pic's below...

Thanks for the comments on the bike. I actually bought it when serving over in Port-Au-Prince Haiti.
Harley set's aside a certain number of bikes each year that are available only to Military member's serving OCONUS at a greatly reduced price...not to mention the outstanding tax breaks.

I'm stationed in Galveston Texas as of now. 16 years and getting close to retirement.

Post pic's of you're bike when ya get a chance.

Thanks for your service

Old 07-08-2006, 05:53 PM
TEXASFATBOY -
sorry for late reply--i've been out of town for the past week or so. I've been messing with this for a while now and cannot seem to post pictures. When i click to 'insert picture', it asks me for a URL. It also won't let me right click and copy a picture--when i come back to the reply screen and right click, the past function shows as unavailable. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Will a 06 Supercrew 5.5ft bed hold a Harley?