2004 - 2008 F-150

My Headrest Monitors - Installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006 | 12:42 PM
|
Originally Posted by thooor
Ram and Caim,
The headrests look like they are mounted the same in both trucks. But, look how upright the seats are in Caim's pix compared to the pimped out lean in Ram's pix. The top of Ram's seat backs are level or leaning back, the tops of Caim's seats angle towards the front quite a bit. I think the only difference is in the position of the seatback and not the monitor.

Both look great by the way.
That's what I was thinking too. I am going to work on a solution to try and flatten the monitors out a little.

Old 07-14-2006 | 12:47 PM
|
Originally Posted by Dog'em
I've been wanting to do this since I bought the truck, yours looks great !. How does the mounting shroud mount ? Is there something solid inside of the headrest to mount to ?
These monitors don't have a mounting shroud. They came with screws to install it, I was like, what the hell am I supposed to screw this into? I used the trim shroud that is normally supposed to mount on the outside of the seat and put it under the leather, then I layed the leather over it and inside the trim shroud and pushed the monitor onto that, pinching the leather in place. Those things are so solid right now. Last night I was trying to take one of the monitors out to lower it a little bit and the thing is stuck in there. I know I can get it out, but it won't be easy.

When I take it out to fix it up, I will snap some pictures of how I installed it.

Old 07-14-2006 | 12:49 PM
Originally Posted by caimakale
Remember guys, as much as this mod is for my girls, I have to say it's just as much for me and my wife. This keeps the kids entertained and quiet so we aren't screaming and yelling at them the whole trip. Three little girls have three high pitched screams, and in such a small area, they are ear piercing screams. This will keep them happy and quiet and keep me happy and quiet at the same time
This is exactly what I was about to type. Mod for the girls....yeah that sounds like a mod for the parents and a reason for Dad to do a mod to his truck. Must be nice.... Monitors look awesome by the way! You're a very brave man, I'd of had a hard time convincing myself to do that.

Duke

Old 07-14-2006 | 06:51 PM
Caimakale,
These are vizualogic replacement headrests (7") I thought you might want to see these as they are recessed a little more. They are also spring loaded for front to back adjustment and I am not sure if the stock ones are, i can not remember. Hope this helps.

Last edited by pkonnik; 07-14-2006 at 06:54 PM.
Old 07-14-2006 | 07:10 PM
|
Originally Posted by pkonnik
Caimakale,
These are vizualogic replacement headrests (7") I thought you might want to see these as they are recessed a little more. They are also spring loaded for front to back adjustment and I am not sure if the stock ones are, i can not remember. Hope this helps.
Those look pretty good, I guess I will dig the foam out quite a bit and try for a look similar to those. Thanks for the pics!

Old 07-15-2006 | 12:25 AM
Originally Posted by caimakale
These monitors don't have a mounting shroud. They came with screws to install it, I was like, what the hell am I supposed to screw this into? I used the trim shroud that is normally supposed to mount on the outside of the seat and put it under the leather, then I layed the leather over it and inside the trim shroud and pushed the monitor onto that, pinching the leather in place. Those things are so solid right now. Last night I was trying to take one of the monitors out to lower it a little bit and the thing is stuck in there. I know I can get it out, but it won't be easy.

When I take it out to fix it up, I will snap some pictures of how I installed it.
Mine have the Screw in shrouds too...and your right nothing to screw into. The answer is you have to epoxy them in. Dig out the foam until your satisfied with the fit and angle then "glue" them in. I have installed at least a dozen that way without any issues. Mine have been in for almost 2 years.

Old 08-11-2006 | 10:56 PM
hey guys
I have two monitors for my headrests now. They came with mounts to attach to the metal posts below the headrest, but after seeing the great mounting jobs yall have done Im gonna try my headrests. My questions are first will this mounting technique work on the cloth headrests and also I have the Pioneer AVH6600-DVD system which I think only has one Video out, but I need to run it to two monitors that each only have one video in, no outs. How can I do this.

Quick Reply: My Headrest Monitors - Installed