2004 - 2008 F-150

Weird electrical problems.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006 | 12:16 PM
|
Weird electrical problems.....

I don't know why or how but I now have some serious Gremlins in my truck.
It seems that for no reason at all the radio will turn on, even if it is turned off, anytime it desires to..Thats right, the power comes on by itself when the truck is shut off.
Thats not all....When I hit the locks and go to close the door, it unlocks before the door closes..
And to further complicate things, I found the battery dead this morning, and once I put the charger on it the parking lights came on..
Anyone have any ideas????
I am actually stumped on this one....

Old 07-31-2006 | 01:06 PM
Have you tried reseting the computer? Just disconnect the battery, let it sit for a couple hours and then reconnect it. If that doesn't work, I'd say you probably have a short somewhere that is sending errant signals.

Old 07-31-2006 | 01:09 PM
Call a priest and have him bring plenty of holy water!

Old 07-31-2006 | 01:45 PM
When I hit the locks and go to close the door, it unlocks before the door closes
All Of the new f150's do this. Unless you use the keypad on the door or the key fob. When you get out with the truck started. Truck off is different. But your problems are consistant with a running truck.

Example. --- Radio just turns on. = Truck is getting ingnition power.

Example 2---Doors unlock when door is closed after pressing unlock button =
Truck thinks the key is in the ignition and on.

Do you have a Command start installed? If so i would have to guess that something is shorting power to your ignition wires either inside the command start box itself or one of the wires has rubbed though under you dash on your steering column.

If you don't have a command start then it could be a similar problem with one of the wires under the steering column shorting with a power wire.

Old 07-31-2006 | 03:37 PM
SnowmaNick
Or it could be a loose common ground. When I had the remote start alarm installed I had crazy electrical problems all from 1 loose ground.

Old 07-31-2006 | 05:26 PM
|
I will be going "ground hunting" as soon as the rain passes...

Old 07-31-2006 | 09:50 PM
Water in the cluster, or even under the hood can do all those things. Go through any deep puddles or have a leaky window seal?

Old 08-01-2006 | 01:50 PM
|
Through process of elimination I have narrowed the electrical issue down to the delay, when you turn off the vehicle and the radio stays on until the door is opened. My radio sometimes stays on when the vehcile is turned off and the door is opened. When this occurs even if I turn the raido off, the clock stays light, and the radio will randomly turn itself on.
Anyone have any ideas???

Old 08-01-2006 | 02:03 PM
SnowmaNick
Originally Posted by Marc Carpenter
Through process of elimination I have narrowed the electrical issue down to the delay, when you turn off the vehicle and the radio stays on until the door is opened. My radio sometimes stays on when the vehcile is turned off and the door is opened. When this occurs even if I turn the raido off, the clock stays light, and the radio will randomly turn itself on.
Anyone have any ideas???
Loose ground behind the fuse box in the passenger kick panel. This was one of the problems I experienced.

Old 08-01-2006 | 03:06 PM
Have you checked to make sure that the connector on the back of your radio is not loose?

Old 08-02-2006 | 01:52 AM
no no no.....did you feed your truck after mid night

Quick Reply: Weird electrical problems.....