2004 - 2008 F-150

K&N FIPK ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K&N FIPK ???'s

I installed the Edge evo first. Today I installed the K&N FIPK 77. I really can't feel any real power gains, just a hell of a lot of noise coming from under my hood now. Damn this thing is loud inside the cab, IMO. I was wondering if someone has the same setup, what settings do you have your Edge on? I'm on level 3, adjusted for 35's, but speed didn't feel right with speedo, so I reset and went up a little, now speed is good with speedo. But the shifting is not as firm. I also set throttle to 1.8 to dump 80% more fuel at full throttle.

Thanks, Eric........sorry for the long post, just curious.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Wow, 1.8 seems very high. Do a little searching for the Edge Evo, I know that there is a thread somewhere where a guy named Bill from Edge gave some recommended parameters. I believe that he said that 1.5 on the fuel was plenty for stock engines with CAI and exhaust, and you would only need more if you have internal mods done to increase airflow through the heads and intake.

Old 08-09-2006, 11:53 PM
You are not really going to notice a huge difference in power gains, specially running heavy 35 inch tires. my 33's weigh-in at 75 pounds a piece.Most of the tuners help improve shift points and engine efficiency and timing, they are very useful. CAI's only add a few HP but not very noticeable either.(of course they almost always seem to claim to turn your truck into a 50mpg tire shredding monster) I have the AIRAID and the EDGE on level 2 and it is definitely noisier and has more drone in the cabin than stock. But if you ever doubt the performance you should put the truck back to stock and YOU WILL see a difference. You need a supercharger to get the power back.
OH, if I could only convince the Mrs. that I NEED one.

Old 08-10-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally Posted by TX-FX-4
OH, if I could only convince the Mrs. that I NEED one.
When you do talk to my wife for me.

Old 08-10-2006, 09:20 PM

Quick Reply: K&N FIPK ???'s