2004 - 2008 F-150

Squeeky Driver's Seat Problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006 | 03:05 PM
|
Squeeky Driver's Seat Problem

Hey Guys,

Went to the dealership today for an oil change (they actually cheaper then other local places) and to have my driver's side seat looked at.

The front bottom floor mount black bracket was actually lifting up and they tightened it down so it doesn't move up anymore.

IT STILL squeeks like crazy though when it moves a little. It's really annoying and the service guy tells me it's normal to have a drivers seat do that after a year of use. We have a 10 year old van that doesn't do that!

So is it really normal for Ford trucks or should it be under warranty? Anyone else with this issue?

Duke

Old 08-11-2006 | 03:08 PM
yeah got the same thing from the dealership on my seat too... I wish they would do something about it.... I am getting tired of listening to it....

Old 08-11-2006 | 09:42 PM
Moderator &
Truck Nutz would've solved that...

Seroiusly man... I'd be a little more stern about it. This isn't normal and should be treated/fixed as such.

Old 08-13-2006 | 08:24 PM
|
Originally Posted by RockPick
Truck Nutz would've solved that...

Seroiusly man... I'd be a little more stern about it. This isn't normal and should be treated/fixed as such.
Agreed, I just didn't have the time to argue as I had to be somewhere for work.

I think I'll just stop by a dealership thats closer to work this week and have it fixed there.

Duke

Old 08-13-2006 | 08:34 PM
Mine never sqeeked, I wouldn't let that slide. But mine does have a weird thing where if you come to a stop rather quickly, it feels as if the whole seat moves forward a bit, as if it wasn't quite tightened all the way when it was built or something. It's been this way since the day I picked it up after special ordering it from Ford in late 2003.

Old 08-14-2006 | 05:45 AM
Mine squeeks too. I believe it is coming from the left hand side hinge where seat reclines. I hear squeeks and when I stop I feel it go forward a bit. Going to lube it and see what happens.

Old 12-19-2007 | 12:12 PM
|
Originally Posted by keith61760
Mine squeeks too. I believe it is coming from the left hand side hinge where seat reclines. I hear squeeks and when I stop I feel it go forward a bit. Going to lube it and see what happens.
Hey Keith,

Did lubing that left hand hinge work out for you? That is exactly where it is squeeking on me again. Last year (while I was under bumper to bumper) they replaced the slide rail the seat is on and that fixed it. Now I have a new seat squeek that sounds like it's coming from exactly where you described. I just wanted to see what works for you because I'm going to attack this over the weekend.

Duke

Old 12-19-2007 | 12:23 PM
Mine squeaks as well. Took it in under waranty a once and whatever they did, fixed it. Stupid me forgot to ask what they did. Now it's back. So, I'm guessing that they lubed it and it's worn away again.

Old 12-19-2007 | 12:23 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Mine never sqeeked, I wouldn't let that slide. But mine does have a weird thing where if you come to a stop rather quickly, it feels as if the whole seat moves forward a bit, as if it wasn't quite tightened all the way when it was built or something. It's been this way since the day I picked it up after special ordering it from Ford in late 2003.
My Escape had a seat like this... it was annoying. My '07's seat is as sturdy as a rock... just like an automotive seat should be.

Old 12-19-2007 | 12:51 PM
|
Originally Posted by ManualF150
My Escape had a seat like this... it was annoying. My '07's seat is as sturdy as a rock... just like an automotive seat should be.
Give it a year or two and let me know how sturdy it is. That is how my 05 started out....

Old 12-19-2007 | 07:29 PM
Mine started squeaking sometime in the last couple months, but it is more like a "creak" than a squeak. It is also at or near the left side hinge. But in the last week it stopped! I suspect it will come back, so I'll be watching to see if anyone fixes theirs successfully. It was driving me crazy.

Old 12-19-2007 | 11:35 PM
Mine started squeaking last week also. I have 38K on my 06 F150. I've also noticed it originating from the hinge where the seat reclines. I thought it might have been the cleaners the detail shop put on the seats, and it was making the leather squeak where the top and the bottom of the seat meet.

Old 12-20-2007 | 12:57 AM
I wouldnt be standing for that from a Stealership. No squeak is normal in a vehicle as new as 04, if mine starts to squeak and they tell me thats normal live with it, they'll be getting an ear full from me.

Old 05-04-2009 | 04:08 PM
Was anybody able to fix that squeek in the drivers seat? It just started the other day. Thanks for the help.

Kevin

Old 07-22-2009 | 09:02 AM
Just took my 07 (32k miles) to the dealer, they are replacing the entire seat to fix the creak (probably minus the cover). They said most times it is the seat track however mine needs the entire seat which is good news (I guess) because they have a customer that has been waiting on a track since February (6 months!) Anyway mine should be here in three days. Hope the new seat has been redesigned so as not to start the same problem in another 30k miles...

Quick Reply: Squeeky Driver's Seat Problem