2004 - 2008 F-150

Lariat vs FX4

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2006 | 09:35 AM
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
To me the fx4 would be more of a late teen / early twenties age appeal type truck. And the lariat would be a little more tasteful with everything color keyed on the exterior to appeal to a more upscale buyer.
I'm 42 and dumped the Lariat for the FX4. Even bought a 4 wheeler the same black and gray color to match the truck. Guess I'm still a "late teen" at heart!

Old 10-07-2006 | 10:44 AM
FX4, Lariat, XLT, heck even XL, they are all the same truck. Ford just gives us all many options to chose from to get the truck we want, and what it will be used for. Me personally I like the FX4, but no matter which one you pick it will still be an F-150

Old 10-07-2006 | 12:05 PM
It has absolutely nothing to do with age, race, sex or anything else. It all boils down to personal preference and what will work best for you.

You may have a need for a stiffer shock vs. the EATC. I do alot of driving for work and wanted the "cushy, luxury" truck for it, that's why I opted for the Lariat. I use it as a truck on my personal time, hauling things, getting it dirty, and having fun with it. My need for skid plates and firmer shocks aren't as important to me as the luxury upgrades because I don't have a need for them nearly as often. Again it all comes down to what you need and what is going to be the most functional for you.

Quick Reply: Lariat vs FX4