2004 - 2008 F-150

Lariat vs FX4

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006 | 02:01 PM
|
Lariat vs FX4

Buying very soon. Besides the gauge cluster and simulated wood in the lariat, are their any other differences I should be aware of? I know the lariat has that special insulation, sound deading something or another, but dont know if the FX4 does? And my last question is do either one of these trucks come with satelite radio intigrated with the stock stereo system. Thanks for any advice on which truck I should buy!

Old 10-06-2006 | 02:05 PM
Most of the 06s come with Sirius satelite radio and 6 month free subscription.
The FX4 has different shocks, skid plates included, etc.
I love my Lariat.

Old 10-06-2006 | 02:11 PM
Old 10-06-2006 | 02:23 PM
Here we go again...

Old 10-06-2006 | 02:23 PM
all the new body f150s have the quiet steel-even the FX4's (my choice)
hahaa ford2004F150- YUP...

Old 10-06-2006 | 02:41 PM
I said it in the other threads and I'll say it again:

XLTs rule
Lariats drool

Long live the XLT!

I wish we could have it now like I did with my 1988 XLT Lariat. Cushy nice, interior with a 5-speed manual, and the popular 302 to boot. I miss that truck.

Old 10-06-2006 | 02:47 PM
Except for the cosmetic differences (options), the trucks are exactly the same. A Lariat is the same truck as FX4 or a 5.4 XLT for that matter.

Old 10-06-2006 | 02:57 PM
Originally Posted by KSUWildcat
I said it in the other threads and I'll say it again:

XLTs rule
Lariats drool

Long live the XLT!

I wish we could have it now like I did with my 1988 XLT Lariat. Cushy nice, interior with a 5-speed manual, and the popular 302 to boot. I miss that truck.
QFT

Old 10-06-2006 | 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by erick_e
Except for the cosmetic differences (options), the trucks are exactly the same. A Lariat is the same truck as FX4 or a 5.4 XLT for that matter.
Originally Posted by speedwolf
The FX4 has different shocks, skid plates included, etc.
I love my Lariat.
kinda conflicting. did you even read the post erick?

if the XLT's didn't come with baby-**** rims and you could get the flow through console and painted bumpers i'd be all over it. i'm lifting it anyways though i'd like a better rim for the interim.

Old 10-06-2006 | 06:20 PM
they arnt just comsmetic. They wouldnt make 2 categories if it was just cosmetic things. FX4s have stiffer shocks. I believe they are rancho. The FX4 package is the offroad package while the lariat is the luxury. FX4s also have a front skid plate and a few other things. Id go with the FX4. Its more truck

Old 10-06-2006 | 06:27 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4
they arnt just comsmetic. They wouldnt make 2 categories if it was just cosmetic things. FX4s have stiffer shocks. I believe they are rancho. The FX4 package is the offroad package while the lariat is the luxury. FX4s also have a front skid plate and a few other things. Id go with the FX4. Its more truck
Really? I'll throw in my 2 cents. The shocks on the FX4 are made by Rancho but no where near the quality of 'actual' Rancho shocks that are sold to the public. The skid plate is also optional on the Lariat. I'll break it down nicely. .

FX4 - Painted bumpers and fake carbon fiber.

Lariat - Chrome bumpers and fake wood grain.

Choose wisely!

Old 10-06-2006 | 06:54 PM
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=162977
... and reposting my post from the forum above ... left in the body style, etc. stuff just 'cause:

(1) FX4 or Lariat trim level, and why?
I went with Lariat. I have no use for a 4X4, so that would not be money well spent. FX4 limits you to black/flint interior choices ... no tan. The optional flow-through console lid (armrest) on an FX4 is supposedly harder. The Lariat is just a little more comfortable interior-wise (IMO). I want a truck because it's a truck, but I also want comfort! Mine is a 'luxury' truck, not a work truck. Woodgrain versus carbon fiber ... didn't really care for either of them. So, that just wasn't a factor for me. Electronic Automatic Temperature Control (EATC)! Only the Lariat had this when I was buying ... and I love it. I believe you can now get it in the FX4 with the "FX4 Luxury Package." The Lariat's message center is also a nice feature. Secondary audio and climate controls on the Lariat's steering wheel are nice, too!!! I also have the HomeLink (?) ... universal garage door opener. The 2006 catalog/brochure I picked up (for kicks) says it's only an option on the Lariat. My visors have lights ... the ladies like that. So, do you want more 'creature comforts' or a 4X4 package? Which do you want and/or need? Those are the questions to ask yourself.

(2) SuperCrew or SuperCab body, and why?
What do you haul ... people of stuff in the bed? The SCrew has quite a bit of room in the back seat. You won't hear many complaints when taking the co-workers to lunch nor the family on a trip. Babyseats and kids are much easier to handle with four full doors as well. With a SCab, you're only limiting your interior space (IMO). Some folks used to complian that they needed that extra foot of bed space. Like I said, get it if you need it. The SCrew now has the normal bed size as an option ... just hope you have a big garage or plan to park it outside. Just you, your dog, and the wide open country all the time ... then you can get away with a SCab.

(3) Styleside or Flareside box, and why?
Styleside. The Flaresides certainly catch my eye because they're a little different and remind me of those late 1970's trucks that I wanted as a kid. But, they just don't do it for me these days.

Been to a dealership yet? Sit in all models ... SCrew, SCab, Lariat, Lariat 4X4, FX4, etc. Sit in the front, the back, etc. You'll figure out what you want/need soon enough. Good luck in making your decisions.

Old 10-06-2006 | 09:12 PM
I had an 04 FX4 scab, 05 Lariat screw, and now, went back to an 06 FX4 scab. All were/are totally loaded, leather trim, center console, 5.4L , 3.73LS rear, etc. I got the 06 without the moon roof because I really never used it and hated all that wind noise, and they had the 06 on the lot with my two favorite colors, black and dark shadow gray. I also like the sport leather seat design the scabs. Both models are great trucks, it just comes down to personal preference.

Old 10-06-2006 | 09:47 PM
Look ford... See what you have done by offering the fx4 as its own package instead of just adding it onto the xlt & or lariat like you did back in 2001-2003 on the f-150's.

To me the fx4 would be more of a late teen / early twenties age appeal type truck. And the lariat would be a little more tasteful with everything color keyed on the exterior to appeal to a more upscale buyer.

Old 10-06-2006 | 11:53 PM
here we go again....

Quick Reply: Lariat vs FX4