2004 - 2008 F-150

Toolbox

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toolbox

I searched and can't find my answer.
Can you post pics of you UWS toolboxes and model numbers. It is hard to find good toolboxes here i just found one store that is trying to get me a uws toolbox. If they can't I guess I have to wait until spring when I move back to the mainland. Any help will be appricated.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:28 PM
Suspended
UWS toolboxes are top notch.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:51 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
UWS toolboxes are top notch.

Mine is the exact same except maybe about 6 - 8 inches above the lip instead of thumper's 1-2.

Old 11-15-2006, 06:57 PM
My gallery has some pics.
The model number is in my signature.

Hope this helps.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:03 PM
Us floridians must really like our toolboxes...

Old 11-15-2006, 07:39 PM
Well here is an opinion from another Florida guy. I had a UWS box on my last truck. Although about all boxes are built the same (unless the metal is thinner), the real difference comes in the locking mechanism. I know I am always bragging about Cam-Locker on here, but I think I have a good reason to. As far as the lock goes, instead of lifting those cheesy little levers, you twist a large smooth turning handle. They are connected to each other on either side so you only twist one. I always had trouble with my UWS latching properly, but never with this one. Also, if you are keeping valuable equipment in there, the UWS is very easy to break in to whild the Cam-Locker has been proven a much tougher challenge. There are about three styles of keys that they rotate through with UWS, so with a few sets, someone could have Christmas early. Cam-Locker has a unique key for each box. Finally, Cam-Locker has the ability to be wired in with your keyless entry. I know I souund like a spokesman for Cam-Locker, but I just like to give credit to a company when they make a great product.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally Posted by sterusmall
My gallery has some pics.
The model number is in my signature.

Hope this helps.
Thanks this is the toolbox I want.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by CANNONFX4
Well here is an opinion from another Florida guy. I had a UWS box on my last truck. Although about all boxes are built the same (unless the metal is thinner), the real difference comes in the locking mechanism. I know I am always bragging about Cam-Locker on here, but I think I have a good reason to. As far as the lock goes, instead of lifting those cheesy little levers, you twist a large smooth turning handle. They are connected to each other on either side so you only twist one. I always had trouble with my UWS latching properly, but never with this one. Also, if you are keeping valuable equipment in there, the UWS is very easy to break in to whild the Cam-Locker has been proven a much tougher challenge. There are about three styles of keys that they rotate through with UWS, so with a few sets, someone could have Christmas early. Cam-Locker has a unique key for each box. Finally, Cam-Locker has the ability to be wired in with your keyless entry. I know I souund like a spokesman for Cam-Locker, but I just like to give credit to a company when they make a great product.
I know they are good my uncle has one on his 96 f150. But, it is hard to find good toolboxes here(Hawaii), the only ones are from Walmart, Checkers, Home Depot, and Lowes. I have found one store that can get UWS along with some other cheaper ones, so I will get the UWS for now and may a Cam-Locker after I get back to the mainland in the spring if I need a better one. Thanks for the info.

Old 11-15-2006, 07:48 PM
Originally Posted by xopis
Us floridians must really like our toolboxes...
Yes we do, born in Jacksonville, raised in Palatka

Old 11-15-2006, 08:24 PM
This is the box I'm getting.

Old 11-15-2006, 09:24 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by CANNONFX4
How is the tool-box mounted to the bed? . . j-bolts?

Old 11-15-2006, 10:03 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by captain morgan8
This is the box I'm getting.

That's my toolbox. I love it!

Old 11-15-2006, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
How is the tool-box mounted to the bed? . . j-bolts?
Mine is thru-bolted but you could do a J-bolt setup if you wanted. It's not like I need to take it on and off since I have plenty of room with the longer bed, and plus it is hard wired for the keyless entry.

Old 11-15-2006, 11:29 PM

UWS low profile... sorry don't got one from behind

Old 11-16-2006, 03:24 PM
I have the UWS Low Pro in my Flareside and so far it has worked out perfectly.

Quick Reply: Toolbox