Originally Posted by rambunctious
how about this .
"tow Lite"

lighs fold down, and tip to the side to open tailgate

Ramb
Do you have a link to their site?

Old 12-18-2006, 01:27 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those interested in the Whitenight kit, it is $10 cheaper thru Sears.com. Also the relocator plate is a few bucks cheaper there too. JCWhitney is way more expensive.

Old 12-18-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
For those interested in the Whitenight kit, it is $10 cheaper thru Sears.com. Also the relocator plate is a few bucks cheaper there too. JCWhitney is way more expensive.
relocater plate? is that for the trailor plug plate so it wont be covered up?

Old 12-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Yep, on the application page at the whitenight website it tells you which one you need. Then go to sears.com and get it cheaper.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:04 AM
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
Yep, on the application page at the whitenight website it tells you which one you need. Then go to sears.com and get it cheaper.
sweet thanks!!

Old 12-29-2006, 01:53 PM
I bought the whiteknight kit and after seeing how cheap and flimsy it was I returned it. Furthermore, it stuck out slightly and I was SURE someone trying to get into the back of my truck would step on it thinking it were a worthy step when in fact it was decorative at best and thereby waste the $80 I spent on it.

I've got Hella FF75 Fogs mounted to the rear schackles. There's even a bolt hole there that I had to enlarge but just barely. I cut a small amount of the stud off the Hella lights so that it didn't touch the leafs. From that position the lights have to be angled down in order to clear the bumper but they are very hard to see from behind the truck unless you drive a Miata.

As strict backup lights they aren't that great: for backing a boat down a boatramp at night they are angled perfect which works great for me since I'm a duck hunter and I'm frequently in that situation. I took power from the trailer harness and triggered the lights off the reverse lights out of the trailer wiring as well. I had to add a relay in the fuse box in order to get power in the large power wire in the factory trailer wiring but after that it worked perfectly. In order for the 12v relay to live in the harsh environment of the rear bumper area (loomed up and wire tied out of the way) required that I wrap it in plastic and tape it to keep it as waterproof as possible. I lost the first relay in the 2nd rainstorm I drove in when it wasn't bagged, its been almost a year since I bagged it w/ zero issues.

Jerry

Old 12-29-2006, 10:13 PM
i have the KC 26 rear flood lights and absolutely love them.

Old 12-30-2006, 03:04 AM
The White Night Does Look Flimsy When You Open It, However After It Is Installed With The Supplied Hardware It Is Quite Sturdy. I Have Had It On For Over A Month Now, Works Great And With The Tinted Windows In The Truck, I Can See Perfectly. I Use It For Plowing And Makes A Huge Difference. I Am Taking Pics Of All The Recent Mods To My Truck Today, And Will Post Them This Afternoon. For $80 It Is Very Nice, Because It Is Fully Removable If Needed, And I Can Still Use My Trailer Hitch Receiver With It There.

Old 12-30-2006, 12:44 PM
Gonna order one also thru Sears.com whenever they get back in stock, did you get the relocator plate?

Old 12-30-2006, 05:28 PM
Originally Posted by XtremeFORD09
The White Night Does Look Flimsy When You Open It, However After It Is Installed With The Supplied Hardware It Is Quite Sturdy. I Have Had It On For Over A Month Now, Works Great And With The Tinted Windows In The Truck, I Can See Perfectly. I Use It For Plowing And Makes A Huge Difference. I Am Taking Pics Of All The Recent Mods To My Truck Today, And Will Post Them This Afternoon. For $80 It Is Very Nice, Because It Is Fully Removable If Needed, And I Can Still Use My Trailer Hitch Receiver With It There.

I'm SURE the thing gives awesome light, its in the ideal location! In my mind there is no better location, they have the right idea for sure! The hardware is a simple single "u" bolt that is so thin its not even measured in typical 1/4-20 bolt sizes, its like a #12 screw or something, its unbelievably thin and starts to bend as soon as you have about 8lbs of torque on the nut. It was a joke. Tell me its not hanging out there in the breeze looking like a step to all the world. I have two boys ages 9 and 11 and we hunt and target shoot a lot and are in and out of the truck a fair amount, I gave that thing maybe 3 trips before it was dangling like a "just married" beer can behind my truck... I hope it works out for you in the long term.

Old 12-30-2006, 07:08 PM
yeah i Defiently got a ticket like last week for these damn lights but owell its my fault it cost me 193 bucks

Old 12-30-2006, 07:37 PM
Dont take this the wrong way, but to me that thing (white knight) is hideous.

if you want the light, but dont care about the looks, just mount some lights in the rear stake pockets.

Travis, how and why did you get to sign your autograph?

Old 12-30-2006, 08:00 PM
well i was backing out of my gf's driveway and i started to drive off and they were still on and the neighbord hood she lives in rowlett texas is a high enforcement neighborhood and the cops are hardasses and he turned the corner and boom i see flashing lights and i asked him can i please just have a warning i was about to turn them off but hadn't got a chance yet and he was like no your getting a ticket and i was i guess

Quick Reply: Back-up lights