2004 - 2008 F-150

Bye bye F150 (Good Riddance!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006 | 10:04 PM
Thumbs up

Tbird, good luck with your purchase.
Afterall you're the one paying for and driving it.

Old 12-13-2006 | 10:14 PM
Well nothing wrong with trying out something new. The only things I would consider doing if I was buyng a truck it would be an SRT-10 Dodge Truck or if Chevy ever brings back a REAL SS TRUCK, Lightning would be ok but it must have the FORD GT ENGINE!

Old 12-13-2006 | 11:11 PM
|
Originally Posted by JBMX928
2 ford people switching to dodge in the forum in one week?
whats this world coming to!
The deal isn't closed yet and I may change my mind and wait for the '08 F150's. I want to see how Ford is going to answer the challenge from GMC with the new Sierra/Silverado and the new Tundra coming at the beginning of '07.

Old 12-13-2006 | 11:14 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Tbird69
The deal isn't closed yet and I may change my mind and wait for the '08 F150's. I want to see how Ford is going to answer the challenge from GMC with the new Sierra/Silverado and the new Tundra coming at the beginning of '07.
Come on now, you're intentionally toying with our emotions.

Old 12-14-2006 | 12:43 AM
I dont think Ford has to respond to the new GMC's, they are pretty cheap looking IMO. I loved them on tv so I went to look at them on th elot. I turned right back around and went to the Chevy lot, then I left there within 2 minutes and went to the Ford lot. My roomate done the same exact thin, and he is a Chevy guy. THey are not very impressive in person, but thank god they finally upgraded that interior. I personally think that they would have done better keeping the older body lines and, put the new front end on, and this new interior. THen I would be driving a Chevy next year.

Old 12-14-2006 | 03:19 PM
That's another thing that got me looking at Dodge is they have a 5 speed auto, something Ford should seriously consider.
This has been one of my concerns ever since I found out that the Navigator had a six speed in it.... What the hell, why can't they give this to the people who want and need it instead of puting it in something that will more often then not be just a grocery getter !! My truck has the same motor in it as the new Navigator and they won't even offer it to you as an option, this is stupid, I would go down and order a new F150 if that was the case. The only reason this is a problem with me is the fact that I tow in some pretty mountianous terrian and I believe that a six speed tranny in these trucks would be awsome, keep it in it's powerband better and save wear and tear . If people want it OFFER IT TO THEM!!! especially if it's allready in your inventory!!

Just my two cents

Old 12-14-2006 | 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by jsnsan
This has been one of my concerns ever since I found out that the Navigator had a six speed in it.... What the hell, why can't they give this to the people who want and need it instead of puting it in something that will more often then not be just a grocery getter !! My truck has the same motor in it as the new Navigator and they won't even offer it to you as an option, this is stupid, I would go down and order a new F150 if that was the case. The only reason this is a problem with me is the fact that I tow in some pretty mountianous terrian and I believe that a six speed tranny in these trucks would be awsome, keep it in it's powerband better and save wear and tear . If people want it OFFER IT TO THEM!!! especially if it's allready in your inventory!!

Just my two cents
Good point. I think that Ford wants to beta-test it in something that IS a bling-bling grocery getter before offering it in the flagship vehicle. It will be available in years to come, but they want the tranny to be reliable and rugged. I also think that Ford should have thought about this sooner so it would be a reality tomorrow.

Old 12-14-2006 | 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by cobraman302
I dont think Ford has to respond to the new GMC's, they are pretty cheap looking IMO. I loved them on tv so I went to look at them on th elot. I turned right back around and went to the Chevy lot, then I left there within 2 minutes and went to the Ford lot. My roomate done the same exact thin, and he is a Chevy guy. THey are not very impressive in person, but thank god they finally upgraded that interior. I personally think that they would have done better keeping the older body lines and, put the new front end on, and this new interior. THen I would be driving a Chevy next year.
Is it only me or does anyone else think that the new GMC truck took quite a few front-end styling cues from Ford? I see a combo of F-150 and SuperDuty (mostly SD) in the headlights/grille/bumper....

Dave

Old 12-14-2006 | 04:50 PM
EW_
Thread hijack: Tbird69, do you have a 69 Tbird? If so, post pics. I used to have a 68 Tbird tudor without vinyl top, 429/C6. Great car. My dad bought it new, sold it, and bought it back for me. A drunk girl pulled out in front of me and that was it. I was safe in the car but it was toast.

Old 12-14-2006 | 06:10 PM

Just get a 2500 with the cummins and be done with it.

Old 12-14-2006 | 07:25 PM
I hope he does by a Dodge Then he will know what its like to own a Problematic truck.

Our construction company I work for used to have a fleet of Dodge trucks as company trucks to use on the work site a year ago. Holy cow, they seriously do not hold up to much abuse what so ever. They seriously fall apart from power train to interior panels pulling off when you go to shut the doors (keep in mind, these are 2005 Dodge trucks) and the trucks could not even hold up to driving around on rough terrain for a year without falling apart.

Needless to say, they traded in those Dodges on a fleet of Ford trucks again, mostly 150's and a hand full of 250's. Never a problem with the Fords since the Dodges are gone.

They only went to Dodge since they were cheaper to buy then the Fords, but cost the company more to repair the Dodges all the time then it was to spend a few K more for the Fords and have them last a lot longer then the Dodge trucks can do.

Best of luck if you do get the Dodge, but keep in mind, there Junk. My advice to you, Ford makes the toughest trucks on the market, maybe not the fastest trucks, but the toughest trucks to say the least. Ford trucks will out last a Dodge in years to come.

Old 12-14-2006 | 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
I hope he does by a Dodge Then he will know what its like to own a Problematic truck.

Our construction company I work for used to have a fleet of Dodge trucks as company trucks to use on the work site a year ago. Holy cow, they seriously do not hold up to much abuse what so ever. They seriously fall apart from power train to interior panels pulling off when you go to shut the doors (keep in mind, these are 2005 Dodge trucks) and the trucks could not even hold up to driving around on rough terrain for a year without falling apart.

Needless to say, they traded in those Dodges on a fleet of Ford trucks again, mostly 150's and a hand full of 250's. Never a problem with the Fords since the Dodges are gone.

They only went to Dodge since they were cheaper to buy then the Fords, but cost the company more to repair the Dodges all the time then it was to spend a few K more for the Fords and have them last a lot longer then the Dodge trucks can do.

Best of luck if you do get the Dodge, but keep in mind, there Junk. My advice to you, Ford makes the toughest trucks on the market, maybe not the fastest trucks, but the toughest trucks to say the least. Ford trucks will out last a Dodge in years to come.
I'd only consider a dodge for two reasons:
1) Cummins Diesel, the new 6.7 looks very good with the same power rating as the Powerstroke and a much better reputation for reliability.
2) Six speed auto, Ford had a chance to step up and keep up with the Torqshift but they didnt.
I'm not saying I'm going out tomorrow and getting one, but those are two factors that make me look in there direction.

Old 12-14-2006 | 10:51 PM
|
Originally Posted by mountaineer02v8
First of all-I KNOW I KNOW I KNOW! I've heard all this before. Keep in mind the '07 Rams are light years ahead of the previous generation. The majority of the issues on those models have been dealt with. Ford's may last longer but when you factor that I'll probably trade it when the warranty is up (just like I'm looking to do with my Ford), does it really matter?

Old 12-14-2006 | 10:53 PM
|
Originally Posted by 04 RED LARIAT
Just get a 2500 with the cummins and be done with it.
I wish!

Old 12-14-2006 | 10:56 PM
|
Originally Posted by EW_
Thread hijack: Tbird69, do you have a 69 Tbird? If so, post pics. I used to have a 68 Tbird tudor without vinyl top, 429/C6. Great car. My dad bought it new, sold it, and bought it back for me. A drunk girl pulled out in front of me and that was it. I was safe in the car but it was toast.
I need to learn how to do multiple quotes in one post. Yes I have a '69 Tbird. My second one actually, Tudor, vinyl roof, 429 Thunderjet with the C6.

Quick Reply: Bye bye F150 (Good Riddance!)