2004 - 2008 F-150

Could an F150 handle this trailer?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would not recommend a 1/2 ton as a regular tow vehicle for that trailer. Once or twice a year, go for it. Any kind of regular towing and you will hate your truck.

What kind/brand of trailer is it?

KC-10 FE out...

Old 12-16-2006, 01:07 AM
There are two ways of looking at the situation here. One is that the truck will handle it power wise, depending how you load it down. Is this a travel trailer, or a car trailer, or an enclosed hauler? The other way of looking at the situation is can it handle it suspension wise? No it will not safely handle it suspension wise without some upgrades. Would I recommend upgrading to an F250 or downsizin the trailer? No I wouldnt do that either, there are plenty of ways to beef up the towing capabilities of these trucks to comfortably handle a trailer like this. I tow a 24 foot 6000 lb. travel trailer with my truck and the power is more than enough to handle it with the edge, and I had to upgrade the suspension with airbags to make it feel more safe. It was really pushing it with that kind of weight behind it. It wants to bounce too much for me.

Old 12-16-2006, 03:33 AM
Its a Weekend Warrior Superlight toy hauler. I would for sure purchase some airbags w/ the automatic ride controller, a W/D hitch, and of course a Prodigy brake controller. I may even go down from my 4:10 gears to some 4:56 gears. Anything else I would have to do to make it any easier to tow? Keep in mind I will be going up some pretty gnarly grades going to the desert from San Diego.

Old 12-16-2006, 09:57 AM
You will be fine with all that stuff, the best bet would be a weight distributing hitch and a good break controller. I should have gotten the weight distributing hitch instead of the airbags. Im not sure if I would get both, depends how your ride height is with the bar loaded to your liking.

Quick Reply: Could an F150 handle this trailer?