2004 - 2008 F-150

Another Wrecked F-150

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 10:55 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I drove past the scene of another screw wreck yesterday. Struck broadside by a jeep grand cherokee, knocked the entire front end off the jeep, minimal damage to the screw, from what I could see.

Old 01-24-2007, 10:58 AM
Originally Posted by kjbrowne
Had my wife and I been in a car for the accident we just had I am sure I would be typing this from the hospital!
Point noted. While the car would not have rolled, it might have sustained a side impact that would cause more damage to the people inside.

Of course the side impact or other impact affects would be dependent on the type of car.

I guess we can look at it this way.

SUV (low to the ground style SUVs, not full size) & Car - possibly not have the accident, but if did, could cause more damage to participants depending on the safety of the vehicle [side air bags, etc]. But overall built more to avoid the accident.

Ford Truck - More likely to have the accident, but stronger if/when the accident happens to sustain the damage without danger to the participants.

The low to the ground SUVs that have good safety features and ratings that come to mind are also out of the price point of a truck so they're not a fair comparison. [Mercedes New SUV, BMW X5, Infiniti FX35/45]

Old 01-24-2007, 01:03 PM
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
Point noted. While the car would not have rolled, it might have sustained a side impact that would cause more damage to the people inside.

Of course the side impact or other impact affects would be dependent on the type of car.

I guess we can look at it this way.

SUV (low to the ground style SUVs, not full size) & Car - possibly not have the accident, but if did, could cause more damage to participants depending on the safety of the vehicle [side air bags, etc]. But overall built more to avoid the accident.

Ford Truck - More likely to have the accident, but stronger if/when the accident happens to sustain the damage without danger to the participants.

The low to the ground SUVs that have good safety features and ratings that come to mind are also out of the price point of a truck so they're not a fair comparison. [Mercedes New SUV, BMW X5, Infiniti FX35/45]
Don't think you are right about the less likely to have an accident. My wife was driving her camera buggy, a low SUV with street tires, and hit black ice day before yesterday. She was going slow and turning. The ice was invisible. Her vehicle spun completely around and slid twenty feet. If there had been anything to hit it would have been totaled. As it was, everything was OK, except she was a bit scared. I had driven my F150 around the exact same corner seconds before it, and lost traction on one side. The bigger mass of the truck, the longer wheel base kept me from spinning. I did pull over, just in time to see my wife's little buggy spinning out
You hit something slick and you are going to slide till you hit something not slick. Don't care what you are driving.

Here in Southern California we don't get much snow or ice so when we do lots of cars get wrecked. And the small low cars seem to be piled up more than the bigger trucks.
Chris

Old 01-24-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow...What a wreck.. ....Glad your fiance made it out okay....Our stupid trucks are replaceable, fiances' are not! Are you going with a red supercab again??

Old 01-24-2007, 02:18 PM
Originally Posted by COFX4
....Our stupid trucks are replaceable, fiances' are not!
That's some funny sheet right tar... everything is replaceable. Somethings are just easier to replace than others. Ie, trucks vs chicks.

Old 01-24-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by kingofkings
Which leads me to this.....what are the prices you guys are seeing on some of the 06' leftovers? I am hearing a lot of advertisements for XLT Screw's loaded with towing packages under 30k?
Wow that was some accident and glad to hear your fiance is alright.

since everyone else has dodged this question I will shed some light on the new 06 I grabbed.

I picked it up on january 1st so it was end of the year sales and whatnot but I am sure you could get something similar.

2006 XLT 5.4l 4x4 supercab, 3:73's, Chrome package, wheels etc. Sticker price was 35k after all the upgrades. I got it out the door for 23.5k pretty good deal IMO. So deals are definately out there you may just not get every addon or color choice you want.

GL with the new purchase.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:19 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
That's some funny sheet right tar... everything is replaceable. Somethings are just easier to replace than others. Ie, trucks vs chicks.
Somebody sounds jaded....that girl dumped you and said no didn't she? Poor D!

Duke

Old 01-24-2007, 07:03 PM
The doors stayed shut through the entire wreck. They didn't fly open or anything. Tomorrow morning I will learn the truck is a total loss and my insurance will pay Ford what is left to pay and send me the rest of it's value. Saturday I should have a new truck.

I priced a Screw FX4 today that was loaded. The price with rebates was just under 30k. So I'm going to go back where I bought the wrecked truck and check, then hit a few other large Ford dealerships. Where I looked today was close and a small dealership that didn't have any 06's on the lot.

I did however get to look at and sit in a new 07' Shelby GT 500. A sweet car to say the least.

I should also have the new truck lifted with all the goodies installed before 1k miles.

Now does anyone know someone that wants to buy a Poweraid TBS, K&N Drop In filter, or K&N 77 Series intake for a 4.6L V8(F-150 04-07)? I will sell them at good prices.

Old 01-24-2007, 11:06 PM
Suspended
Damn, all these wrecks lately. . I'm glad your girl is okay though, it's too bad about your truck though. I just wrecked mine and in the process of rebuilding it myself. I don't know if you saw the threads but good luck with whatever you buy!

Old 01-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Somebody sounds jaded....that girl dumped you and said no didn't she? Poor D!

Duke
Jaded? Absolutely! However, I've never been dumped. I'm the dumper, not the dumpee...

Old 01-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by dzervit
Jaded? Absolutely! However, I've never been dumped. I'm the dumper, not the dumpee...
Oh you're one of those "You can't fire me....I quit" type guys.

Just kidding around.

Duke

Old 01-25-2007, 01:18 PM
Oh you're one of those "You can't fire me....I quit" type guys.

Just kidding around.

Duke
It's all good dude.

Old 01-25-2007, 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by ChadS98GT
Wow that was some accident and glad to hear your fiance is alright.

since everyone else has dodged this question I will shed some light on the new 06 I grabbed.

I picked it up on january 1st so it was end of the year sales and whatnot but I am sure you could get something similar.

2006 XLT 5.4l 4x4 supercab, 3:73's, Chrome package, wheels etc. Sticker price was 35k after all the upgrades. I got it out the door for 23.5k pretty good deal IMO. So deals are definately out there you may just not get every addon or color choice you want.

GL with the new purchase.
Damn, thats a killer deal...I won't even tell you what i payed for my XLT back in January of 2004, too embarrased...LOL, they weren't giving them away then.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:03 PM
****UPDATE****

Got a new truck today! Got a loaded Screw Fx4 with leather, factory 20's, power everything, moonroof, and all. I will start another post with pic's.

Old 01-27-2007, 11:45 PM
Speaking of F-150 wrecks...Here's an article of one that happened last night. It happened about 300 yards from my house. At about 1:45am, I heard a helicopter flying over my house several times and then it landed to airlift the driver to a hospital. A 21-year-old and alcohol may have been involved.

http://www.courierpostonline.com/app...LBe8brGwv+M%3D

Quick Reply: Another Wrecked F-150