2004 - 2008 F-150

Who has a CB and how did you mount it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007 | 08:41 PM
|
Originally Posted by FireboltJoel03
HHIFX4,

I have an Icom 706 MKIIG modified to tx/rx all frequencies and a Hustler CB and an antennex dual band 150/450.

Joel
how much does a setup like that cost?... and the reason i dont want to wire it into a fuse panel is because i want to beable to remove it at will

Old 02-07-2007 | 07:34 PM
I mounted mine right above my right leg. There was plenty of room there without it hitting my leg. I'm just 5'11" though. No offence to the people that did intended, but I couldn't stand the way CB's mounted on top of the dash looked. Especially from outside looking in. Not to mention the complete pounding they will take from the direct heat during the summer time. The wireing was super easy. Just ran all of them right out of the grommet (sp?) behind the gas pedal. I also got lucky enough to find just the right toolbox for what I wanted. Be careful of the ones that have a big lid that swings towards the cab. Had one in the past that ended up scratching the paint over time from opening it up. Just wish I had a way to get the antenna's load up above the cab without it looking goofy.

Quick Reply: Who has a CB and how did you mount it.