2004 - 2008 F-150

Who has a CB and how did you mount it.

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2007 | 07:37 PM
|
Who has a CB and how did you mount it.

just like the thread title says who here has a cb in there 04? how did you run the wire for it and where did you mount it? i got one hooked up inside my truck but im looking for a place to put it i tried to valcrow (sp) it to the dash of my truck but i couldnt get it to work so any help would be nice

Old 02-04-2007 | 09:04 PM
|
i see that people has viewed just curious if anyone has one also... me and a few friends as using them to play tag and such pluse they come in handy when you dont get service and someone is near by... but i cant come up with a good place to mount mine so its hard to try to scorch someone in

Old 02-04-2007 | 09:16 PM
i have one, its a small cobra i mounted to the side of the center console, ill try and snap a few pics tommorow

Old 02-04-2007 | 09:30 PM
|
Originally Posted by 06FX4
i have one, its a small cobra i mounted to the side of the center console, ill try and snap a few pics tommorow
thats what i have its a cobra 3 40 channel cb its pretty good actually for a cheap one and please show me pics how did you route yours?

Old 02-04-2007 | 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by ridge
thats what i have its a cobra 3 40 channel cb its pretty good actually for a cheap one and please show me pics how did you route yours?
the wires im not done with there still to visible for me, but that will come when i have time. but the just go to the carpet and then under the console and up behind the radio.

Old 02-04-2007 | 09:42 PM
|
Originally Posted by 06FX4
the wires im not done with there still to visible for me, but that will come when i have time. but the just go to the carpet and then under the console and up behind the radio.
well did you wire your cb to your motor? i rewired the cb to plug into the 12v plug. it only needs 4 amps to work and thats not much as far as hidning under the carpet and such how long is your coaxle cable? where did you buy it from? mine only has enough room to go from the roof down behind my tail gate in the cab under the seat and just up to the seats thats it... i dont have much room at all

Old 02-04-2007 | 09:53 PM
well did you wire your cb to your motor? i rewired the cb to plug into the 12v plug. it only needs 4 amps to work and thats not much as far as hidning under the carpet and such how long is your coaxle cable? where did you buy it from? mine only has enough room to go from the roof down behind my tail gate in the cab under the seat and just up to the seats thats it... i dont have much room at all
i tapped the switched power and ground behind my headunit and as for the coax im not sure yet i have dual 3 footers mounted on my toolbox but i have run the coax yet cause im still tryin to figuer out how i want to run it in the cab.

Old 02-04-2007 | 09:56 PM
|
oh i just went with a 10 dollar magnet antenna and stuck on the roof just after the dome light and i ran the cable from there .. im thinking about buing a 5 or 10 ft longer coax and running it threw my dash but i know really know where to mount the cb so if you get pics of yours or anyone else has any it would be nice. pluse if anyone else has info on antennas and such

Old 02-04-2007 | 10:00 PM
oh i just went with a 10 dollar magnet antenna and stuck on the roof just after the dome light and i ran the cable from there .. im thinking about buing a 5 or 10 ft longer coax and running it threw my dash but i know really know where to mount the cb so if you get pics of yours or anyone else has any it would be nice. pluse if anyone else has info on antennas and such
ya well ill try and get some pics for you tommorow!

Old 02-05-2007 | 12:25 AM
where to mount cb

This isnt exactly a cb but maybe it can give u some ideas. I have a remote face for mine and i mounted it in the tray on the dash with the speaker mounted under the tray. I ran the wires through the firewall behind the gas pedal to the battery. The base of the radio is mounted where the jack use to be and all the wires r ran under the carpet throught the center console and then throught the firewall to the battery. The antenna wire is ran through a grommet where the jack under the cab to the bed and the antenna.

Old 02-05-2007 | 12:52 AM
|
yes i plan on doing something like what you did... but could you guys tell me how you got the wire under the carpet???? was it hard to lay the carpet back down?

Old 02-05-2007 | 01:00 AM
running wire

It depends on where u r going in at if its anywhere near the console if u have one then u can disassemble the console and feed the wire under the carpet through there. If it is near the door then there is a plastic piece that runs the length of the cab from front to back u can pull them up and run it through there or feed it under the carpet from there. Hope this helps.

later
joel

Old 02-05-2007 | 01:09 AM
|
i have a magnet antenna on my roof just infront of my dome light it traces down a black strip on the back glass from there it goes toward the back cab on the passenger cab and in threw the black plastic plug.from there i just ran it over the carpet in the back under the seat and to the glove box where is it got a stick pad holding it right now. but i would like to run the wire under the carpet and threw the dash like you did then mount it there how much trouble would i have how could i get my coax under the carpet?

Old 02-05-2007 | 01:13 AM
Banned
i have a magnet antenna on my roof just infront of my dome light it traces down a black strip on the back glass from there it goes toward the back cab on the passenger cab and in threw the black plastic plug.from there i just ran it over the carpet in the back under the seat and to the glove box where is it got a stick pad holding it right now. but i would like to run the wire under the carpet and threw the dash like you did then mount it there how much trouble would i have how could i get my coax under the carpet?
Just rip off the door/inside step trim and run it in the door channel.

Old 02-05-2007 | 01:14 AM
|
Originally Posted by a n t h o n y
Just rip off the door/inside step trim and run it in the door channel.
tried that but once my trip runs out ive got nowhere to run the wire under the carpt over to the dash do i? or can i pull that whole piece of carpet up without any worries?

Quick Reply: Who has a CB and how did you mount it.