2004 - 2008 F-150

truck wont start!!! 2005 f150...

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007 | 11:06 PM
Originally Posted by kanter
I had to plug mine in when it was -32 F with NO windchill. It started right up.

PS...thanx for the info.

Because of you I realized that I, too, have the engine block heater. I just ran outside and plugged her in.

Normally I keep the truck in the heated garage. I cannot this year because I bought a '66 Impala SS and that takes presidence over my truck.

'66 has never seen the snow and garage is kept at about 60-65 degrees...

Anyway, thanx. A BUNCH!!!

Old 02-06-2007 | 06:54 AM
your battery is probably marginal at best. the first cold snap is when batteries get sold the most. as for the sirius, i have one in my truck and it gets hot enough to use as a hand warmer. i never put an amp meter on it to see what it draws but it takes electric to make heat. so i would say if your battery is on the edge the sirius probably killed it.

Old 02-06-2007 | 01:00 PM
same problem

Sunday about 4:30am, my wife was in an ambulance in the street. I was going to follow them to the hospital. When I tried to start my truck it turned over a few times real slow but wouldn't fire. The temp was about -11F. I jumped it the 93 Lumina my son drives and it started.

When I came home sunday afternoon the battery window was dark, I could not see green or red. I plugged it in and put on the charger for a few hours. It started, stumbled, cleared itself and idled fine.

Bottom line, I guess I'll take the battery in and have it tested. I've never had one go bad this soon. My truck is an 04. A friend suggested that the some sensors have heaters and draw more current on start up than older cars.

More importantly, my wife will be ok.

Old 02-06-2007 | 02:40 PM
Dealer says my sat. radio unit / fuzz buster LEDs are enough to drain my battery overnight.

Old 02-06-2007 | 03:39 PM
Dealer says my sat. radio unit / fuzz buster LEDs are enough to drain my battery overnight.
That is what mine told me about my cell phone booster. It draws 0.2 amps under standby conditions. How that drains a batter overnight I don't know. Funny how the new battery can sit parked for a week with no probs.

Quick Reply: truck wont start!!! 2005 f150...