2004 - 2008 F-150

X plan pin please

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2007 | 12:39 AM
Hey Mook, You've got mail. Let me know if you didn't get your pin.

Old 02-24-2007 | 08:23 AM
Originally Posted by OnBelay
How would you know? they aren't required to tell you about any of them if you're being offered a special pricing plan...They get to keep anything available to a "regular" customer.

Partner recognition participants are eligible for all public incentives and many incentives normally paid to the dealer.

Old 02-24-2007 | 09:22 AM
Technical Article Contributor

will the x plan work on any ford vehicle? we are looking at getting rid of wifes 06 explorer and get an 06-07 expedition.....have another lil one due in sept and want the extra room.........how long are the pin numbers good for.........and how much do they usually save off sticker.......i might need to hide some neg equity from the exploroer........

Old 02-24-2007 | 09:35 AM
The pin number is good for one year after it is issued. The X plan and A plan price is on the bottom right hand side of the invoice the dealership has.

Old 02-24-2007 | 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Blang
The pin number is good for one year after it is issued. The X plan and A plan price is on the bottom right hand side of the invoice the dealership has.
what is the average savings......it might not be worth it to me since i have the neg from the explorer.....but i want to try..

Old 02-24-2007 | 10:15 AM
I would say between $3000-4000. It really depends on the vehicle's price. The higher the price the bigger the discount.

Old 02-24-2007 | 10:25 AM
|
I got it Blang. Thanks so much. I'll make sure to post pics of my new truck when I get it.

Thanks again,

Mook

Old 02-24-2007 | 10:28 AM
Not a problem Mook. If you have any problems with using the pin, just let me know.

Old 02-24-2007 | 05:17 PM
hey blang! got any more??? lol I need a pin also, but I saw on the blueoval website that you shouldn't request a pin unless you plan on using it for 30 days, and I'm not quite 30 days from buying a vehicle. Maybe within the next 2-3 months.

Old 02-24-2007 | 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by BHibbs
Partner recognition participants are eligible for all public incentives and many incentives normally paid to the dealer.
I need to congratulate you on the spin...

"eligible" doesn't mean the dealer is required to give them to you, or has to tell you about them. How is the consumer going to know what's offered on a particular vehicle, especially buyback and special programs?

"normally paid"...Ford had what, 21 or 22 special offers depending on region and equipment in the last year?

Thanks for playing...but what I first stated still stands.

If you used X Plan...
Originally posted by OnBelay
you paid them more than you would have if you were a decent negotiator.
But y'all go right ahead and believe you got a good deal. Leaves the dealers satisfied, and makes it easier for them to give me a better deal when I negotiate hard.

Like a dealer Principal once told me: 'We screw the other guy and pass the savings on to you!"

Old 02-24-2007 | 07:16 PM
Conspiracy theories aside, I'm not trying to "spin" anything. That's straight from their Website. I Guess the dealer could Lie, and say there are No factory incentives, and edit the invoice with white out, and forge other documents, and block all advertising in their area, and remove the listing of all incentives from Ford's Website and..

I bought my truck before they were even out. I Ordered it under X-plan. Ford wasn't really negotiating too much then. I worked up the cost online with all of my options and the cost was exactly what was listed. Wow, how'd that happen.

btw 'We screw the other guy and pass the savings on to you!" is the Oldest quote in the book from Every Car Salesman out there. I can't believe it actually Works to make people "feel" they got a good deal when they actually got Screwed. How much did you pay for your truck again??

X-plan just cuts to the chase.

Old 02-24-2007 | 07:41 PM

OnBelay,

Other than criticizing everyone else's negotiating skills and gloating over your super good deal, what was your point in posting in this thread? I was able to negotiate below x-plan on my 06 F150 when all was said and done but I don't feel the need to stick it in everyone else's face. At least in my previous post I tried to be helpful.

Old 02-24-2007 | 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by kd4crs
OnBelay,

Other than criticizing everyone else's negotiating skills and gloating over your super good deal, what was your point in posting in this thread? I was able to negotiate below x-plan on my 06 F150 when all was said and done but I don't feel the need to stick it in everyone else's face. At least in my previous post I tried to be helpful.
I'm not sure where I criticized anyone, nor did I say I got a super deal. I stated that you can negotiate a better price than X plan, and I got taken to task for daring to say that either of those facts are true.

I agree, this entire board sucks when it comes to people being helpful, and especially to helpful replies. If you're not one of the "in" crowd, you're answer is wrong, no doubt about it. More experts here than all of Ford Motors engineering offices combined.. I thought I was being helpful when I suggested, in this case, that X plan is not the be-all and end-all of good pricing.

Old 02-25-2007 | 08:43 AM
|
Thumbs up

Maybe I can end all this. I know that I could get a better price than X-plan. However, to me, I would rather walk in and get a straightforward price without the "negotiating". I've sold cars so I know the routine. I am not worried about dipping into holdback and the other money. In the end, is another $200+ going to break me? No.

I like the idea of being able to walk in, say I want that truck, I have an X-plan pin(thanks to Blang!), let's start the paperwork. It saves me time, frustration, and a nice bit of money.

To each his own. Some people enjoy the negotiating experience. Some don't. No reason for everyone to get their panties in a wad.

Later guys,

Micah

Old 02-25-2007 | 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Mook
Maybe I can end all this. I know that I could get a better price than X-plan. However, to me, I would rather walk in and get a straightforward price without the "negotiating". I've sold cars so I know the routine. I am not worried about dipping into holdback and the other money. In the end, is another $200+ going to break me? No.

I like the idea of being able to walk in, say I want that truck, I have an X-plan pin(thanks to Blang!), let's start the paperwork. It saves me time, frustration, and a nice bit of money.

To each his own. Some people enjoy the negotiating experience. Some don't. No reason for everyone to get their panties in a wad.

Later guys,

Micah

I agree totally....that's why I used it recently. MUCH better than beating your head against the wall for that last hundred dollars! besides, Ford has 2 vehicles that are still ahead of the pack in sales....the F-150, and the Mustang. I have both, those are the 2 that are the most difficult to get the best deals on. This makes it easy.

Quick Reply: X plan pin please