2004 - 2008 F-150

I got paint....

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got paint....

Yeah, white asphalt paint all over the front of my truck. I discovered it after washing the truck the other day. There is allot of road construction going on around here and that is the only explanation I can come up with as to how I acquired the new paint job. I know I had to drive by several of those line sprayers recently and the paint is only on places that would have wind shear. The paint is all over the front fascia, bumper, mirrors, and windshield. It’s just a very fine mist, but it’s also very dense. There doesn’t seem to be any on the sides of truck.

I'm trying to figure out how to remove this stuff without damaging the factory paint. I can scratch it off with my thumbnail, but since most of the front fascia is just painted plastic I'm scared to try lacquer thinner. Even though, I'm sure would remove the white spray paint I know it’s harmful to plastic. I was thinking that a clay bar might remove the stuff, any suggestions????

Old 03-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Suspended
Nice warm water wash, and clay bar

Old 03-11-2007, 03:14 AM
Try a clay bar. If that doesnt work, try a polishing. Both should remove the paint. Good Luck!

Old 11-03-2007, 03:47 PM
How did this turn out for you?

I must have driven over wet paint. Driver side had orange and that wasn't much and I got that off. passenger side has paint all the way down underneath and on the rocker pannels. I could get most off with my nail but The wheel well protectors, that is a pain in my @**. Already spend a few hours on it and don't want to kill my self trying to lighly take off with my thumbnail. Lucky for me, I just waxed a few weeks earlier.

I just have it really bad underneath... Will this eventually wear off?

I would like to kick the crap out of the person that sprayed the roads..... They should do that during off hours.......

Old 11-03-2007, 08:16 PM
You could always just use a can of black spray paint to "freshen" up the undercarriage and wheel wells.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:18 PM
Originally Posted by FordScrew24's
You could always just use a can of black spray paint to "freshen" up the undercarriage and wheel wells.

Well, I don't really want to do that... It does come off with the finger nail. I didn't know if there was something that I could use to accomplish the same thing and at the same time be quicker and save my thumbnail.

Old 11-03-2007, 10:34 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
I would recommend a stiff scrub brush with some Dawn or my favorite... Gunk Bug Remover (it contains a mix of diesel and kerosene with some other junk)...

Old 11-03-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
I would recommend a stiff scrub brush with some Dawn or my favorite... Gunk Bug Remover (it contains a mix of diesel and kerosene with some other junk)...

Thanks

Old 11-04-2007, 08:01 AM
Mineral spirits usually does the job but without the harsh effects of lacquer thinner

Quick Reply: I got paint....