2004 - 2008 F-150

Project: Fire/ Rescue F-150

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nah, I never saw a need for it.

Elaborate on "which speaker" and why it is an issue?

Old 11-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have a "need" for it either. I don't have a need for a lot of stuff I have on my truck anyways. Just fun and nice to have.

Back to your question, doesn't each speaker put out of different sound?

Old 11-19-2007, 05:48 PM
Negative. Each speaker pushes the same tone unless you have 2 sirens each individually pushing a tone to a speaker.

Siren A---Speaker A
Siren B----Speaker B

Which would provide a dual tone

Old 11-19-2007, 06:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Copeland!
Negative. Each speaker pushes the same tone unless you have 2 sirens each individually pushing a tone to a speaker.

Siren A---Speaker A
Siren B----Speaker B

Which would provide a dual tone
No I meant which speaker to tap inside the cab for the radio feature

Let me give you some background. The "Rad" feature lets you take a signal from your two-way radio, or regular radio in my case, and broadcast it over the pa without having to hold the mic down. Sometimes I go out with my friends and we want to listen to music without blasting my speakers I could just put it on the rad setting and it would just play it over the pa. Not amazing quality but pretty good. Something to listen to. I didn't know which door to tap the sound from since I though that each door produces a different channel... I could be wrong...

Last edited by etrevino103186; 11-19-2007 at 06:43 PM.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by etrevino103186
No I meant which speaker to tap inside the cab for the radio feature

Let me give you some background. The "Rad" feature lets you take a signal from your two-way radio, or regular radio in my case, and broadcast it over the pa without having to hold the mic down. Sometimes I go out with my friends and we want to listen to music without blasting my speakers I could just put it on the rad setting and it would just play it over the pa. Not amazing quality but pretty good. Something to listen to. I didn't know which door to tap the sound from since I though that each door produces a different channel... I could be wrong...

HAHA, ok I get it now. I would not know how to do that. Are you still out of town for college?

Old 11-20-2007, 12:59 PM

/very nice look, so havis makes the insert just for the console, excellant

Old 01-01-2008, 10:02 AM
my "newish" 06 Screw

Hi Copeland: I just got a Belated xmas gift.....a "Black" 06 Screw Xlt 5.4L ....I am in the process of figuring out where to mount my Lights....I`m a Volly up here the "great white north".....we use "Green" lighting for our personal vehicles...I plan on putting some type of windsheild/dash light in behind rearview mirror and not sure whether to install SLED3 or SLED04 lightheads in the grille....not having picked the truck up yet....any suggestions for grille mounting, behind? in front? I sell "lights as a side line here the cold winter months so getting what I need is a phone call away....nudge nudge wink wink

Old 01-01-2008, 08:00 PM
PM me with an email address and I can work with you on some ideas

Old 01-01-2008, 08:38 PM
Green lights eh colport? Must be from Ontario, where are you getting your green lights from? I am a VFF in Ontario to, and it seems hard to find any companies with a good selection of lights available in green, well that list them on their website anyway. Alot of the companies carry them, but dont list them on their website.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:24 PM
Originally Posted by CobyMedic
Green lights eh colport? Must be from Ontario, where are you getting your green lights from? I am a VFF in Ontario to, and it seems hard to find any companies with a good selection of lights available in green, well that list them on their website anyway. Alot of the companies carry them, but dont list them on their website.

www.whelen.com
www.sirennet.com
www.vlsusa.com

Old 01-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Originally Posted by CobyMedic
Just give me a call or pm me I can give you "number 1 good price" ....I`m not able to PM members yet as my membership is to new :o I have dash lights, 3 and 4 led lightheads...hide away led`s for headlight.... colport833@yahoo.ca

Last edited by colport833; 01-03-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 02-14-2008, 12:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qZ35LRQsG4 Latest video

Have a few more lights that need to be ordered and purchased another switch box.

Also just got it back from the shop from another accident

Old 02-19-2008, 05:48 PM
looks awsome im a ff in Wisconsin i still have to get some pics up of my truck. if you or anybody else needs install ideas or questions i used www.elightbars.org great forum

Old 03-29-2008, 10:53 PM
Originally Posted by colport833
Hi Copeland: I just got a Belated xmas gift.....a "Black" 06 Screw Xlt 5.4L ....I am in the process of figuring out where to mount my Lights....I`m a Volly up here the "great white north".....we use "Green" lighting for our personal vehicles...I plan on putting some type of windsheild/dash light in behind rearview mirror and not sure whether to install SLED3 or SLED04 lightheads in the grille....not having picked the truck up yet....any suggestions for grille mounting, behind? in front? I sell "lights as a side line here the cold winter months so getting what I need is a phone call away....nudge nudge wink wink
As a fellow vollie, I was wondering what kinds of prices you can get on LED lighting stuff...

navyguy@swbell.net

Thanks!!!

-Ryan

Old 04-09-2008, 11:48 PM
UPDATE: As another LED lighting distributer, please dont hesitate to contact me at txpss@hotmail.com if you want/need LED lights at a fraction of what they normally cost. I got my distributership so I could get lights for me (I only had to have a minimum order of what it would cost me to get 2 slimlighters at Galls before I got the distributer discount, which you will get if you order through me.)

Case in point: Whelen Slimlighter Ultra: $250........My version: Between $150 and $175 depending on colors.

Many other deals at very similar price differences. I can assure you, though, that the lights as JUST AS GOOD-- its the Whelen logo you pay the premium for...

Quick Reply: Project: Fire/ Rescue F-150