2004 - 2008 F-150

Roush Intercooler Installation

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2007, 03:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi Matt I see a pulley in your kit is that a idler pulley or supercharger pulley?
Whats in all them bags man I thought we would get the intake pump injectors wires for the pump & hoses looks like a lot more what was the final cost to you if you don't mind man I need one of them kits man!
Also have you given any thought to your final boost level with that 8 PSI lower and a smaller upper (if in deed that is what i see ) your boost will be UP UP UP (((((((((Crank pulley diameter x 3.45 x engine rpm @ shift Supercharger pulley diameter = Impeller speed)))))))))))

Old 04-06-2007, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The pulley is for the supercharger. The total boost will be around 9psi with both of them, same as what FX4 Matt is running and hes putting down ~450 ft lbs. It comes with a LOT of stuff, injectors, Autolite HTO spark plugs, all of the piping your going to need. The kit was $2750 from stage 3 motorsports, they ship it directly from Roush.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:15 PM
You'll love it. I can't wait to get mine back form the shop. I got a weird check engine light with po 351-358, meaning a circuit coil faikure. All of them can't be out or it would not run. It just misses. Must be a problem with teh harness or the PCM.

Old 04-06-2007, 04:46 PM
it almost looks like you have the heat exchanger bolted onto that plastic flexible plastic panel covering the radiators. Wouldnt that be flapping in the wind if you go fast enough?

like this is how my heat exchanger ended up being mounted...

Its from the whipple kit, which sadly dont include any injector upgrades.

Old 04-06-2007, 05:36 PM
Yeah, that's temporary, I have some aluminum strips I'm going to go play with today for reinforcing it.

Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Hay Matt if you get this thing to the track let me know what time you turn if you can get it to hook you should be in lowwwwwwwwwww 13'S keep us up to date

Old 04-08-2007, 10:58 AM
And post your time at www.dragtimes.com

Old 04-08-2007, 01:06 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It looks great bet the truck is more fun to drive with all that power.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:38 PM
I wish I could tell you, I still haven't recieved the computer back from Roush yet.....so for the time being.......

Old 04-09-2007, 09:22 AM
Hey Matt if you use the stock Roush tune for inter cooler wont you be rely lean that is if you keep your +2 PSI lower pulley on that truck remember that FX4Matt had his done at Troyer Performance so they would of re-tune it .Man don't go out and blow that truck up tonight with out the proper tune on it .... your going to be Lean

Old 04-09-2007, 09:54 AM
I'm hoping the computer will look at charge air temp and air flow through the air mass meter and compensate for it. I have a wideband O2 gauge so as soon as I hit it, I'll be able to tell right away if its too lean. It should go down to 11:1 and if it doesn't, I still have my other lower pulley to throw back on. If I didn't have my wideband I wouldn't dare even try it but that thing works great!

Old 04-09-2007, 04:48 PM
Originally Posted by Matt 05'FX4
I'm hoping the computer will look at charge air temp and air flow through the air mass meter and compensate for it. I have a wideband O2 gauge so as soon as I hit it, I'll be able to tell right away if its too lean. It should go down to 11:1 and if it doesn't, I still have my other lower pulley to throw back on. If I didn't have my wideband I wouldn't dare even try it but that thing works great!
Troyer says you can run the +2lb with the stock Roush tune but be prepared to see higher AF's I am at 12.5 under full boost with TP's tuning. Troyer found that with mine and FX4Matt's truck is that we are hitting max load with the fuel pump voltage table causing us to run a little leaner above 3500 RPM's, he is working on rewriting the fuel voltage table for us to fix this issue. Seems that the Long tubes and high flow cats are creating power quicker/sooner than the factory manifolds and cats.

also you might check with were you shipped the PCM from, Roush for some reason send it back to PakMail were I shipped it to them instead of my house. I waited 2 days before they told me it was signed at the counter at PakMail. So I had to go there to get it. Dont know if this is what happened to you or not.

Old 04-09-2007, 04:53 PM
I sent the PCM off from work and it hasn't showed up here so I hope its on the doorstep when I get home! Why would the fuel pump voltage be maxing out with the larger injectors? With the 6psi tune it runs near 75 psi of fuel pressure because it is trying to squeeze all of that out of the stock injectors, but with the larger injectors, the pump shouldnt have to work near as hard to flow the same amount of fuel. 12.5:1 isnt rich enough IMO, I like to see in the 11's.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:13 PM
according to Mike he was telling me that he hasnt seen this on the other Roushchargers just mine and FX4Matt's with the exhaust set up we have. Some how are combination is maxing the fuel pump voltages. I just cant wait till he gets it ironed out.

Old 04-09-2007, 09:24 PM
Hmm that is interesting..... I still have stock manifolds so I hope I don't run into this. If I ever get anything else, it will just be a set of JBA ceramic shorties probably. What Lb/hr are the stock vs the injectors that Roush gives? I remember him saying something like 37.5 lb/hr. I hope he doesn't charge me an arm and a leg for a new tune since I have already dealt with him once. All I'll need is an Email tune for a pretty much stock roush intercooled kit with the pulley. I guess I need to make a phone call because I NEED those trans shifts to be right, Roush's shifts SUCK but the engine programming seems to be dead on.

Quick Reply: Roush Intercooler Installation