2004 - 2008 F-150

Tire Review

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 09:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tire Review

I thought I might post something useful, since I haven't in a while. And for what it's worth, I am no tire expert, but I have been impressed by my new replacement tires and thought I would share the experience.

So my stock 275/65/18's were about done and I looked up good rated tires on tirerack.com and found these Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....nSpeedRating=S

The first thing I noticed was the snow traction. It was markedly improved, and not just because the old rubber was worn. I have had to consistently use 4 wheel drive to get up my street since we moved here when we get fresh snow/slush and junk. It never made it in 2x4. After I put these tires on, it just hooked right up and I drove up the street no problem.

Also I noticed they were able to slice through deep water. Pretty much every vehicle I've driven gives you a nice lurch forward when hitting 2-3 inches of water at 30 mph or so. After installing these, there was no sense of any deceleration. The guy at Discount Tire where I ended up buying these with a nice $125 rebate told me about some stepped ridges on the side of the tread cut outs and you can feel them when you run your fingernail up the side. He said those make a big difference in moving water. He seemed to be right about that.

Anyway as far as noise, they aren't really different. Ride, and dry road handling didn't seem all that different either.

For me, the snow and water characteristics will surely bring me back to these tires when I need a new set. I just hope they last a while!

Anyway that's my $0.02.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:40 AM
The revo is a decent tire...but you should really try a real set of BFG Ruggel Trail T/A's...

The ones that come on our trucks have a different tread pattern -- they outer treads are a straight design and don't have lugs to them...on the aftermarket BFG Rugged Trails that you would buy, you'd get these lugs...HUGE difference in snow traction. I'm not sure why Ford would want BFG to make them this way for them, but they do...The Goodyear Wrangler RT/S's that they put on Rangers are the same exact way.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:09 PM
Rugged Trails? Noisy, terrible wet traction, and only fair in snow.

I have yet to hear from anyone who thought Rugged Trails met their marketing after trying a Revo, or even Michelin LTX. All three tires are available for roughly the same price, but the Rugged Trails last 2/3 the miles without near the performance.

Revos, they is the schiznit.

Edited to add: I am currently on my second set of Revos on my '5, first set lasted 52,000 miles and still had probably another 10K on them, this set has 9K and still makes me feel good every time I run down a dirt road or off road.

Last edited by OnBelay; 04-08-2007 at 04:49 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Getting ready to replace my Revo's: 47k and while I still could run them another 5k or so, they have been run hard and hauled heavy loads, so it is time.

Best tire I have run. I replaced the Generals at 500 miles [yes. 500] same problem: I almost had to use 4wd when it was raining....

Woof
Bowser

Quick Reply: Tire Review