2004 - 2008 F-150

AAL, 3" block, or airbags. Which one should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007 | 03:03 PM
|
AAL, 3" block, or airbags. Which one should I do?

I am 99%sure that I am going to do something to my truck so that when I have my 2 quads (Yamaha Banshee and Yamaha Kodiak 4X4)in the bed, towing my boat, or camper that my truck won't "bulldog" like it does now since my truck sits perfectly level when empty. I just can't decide what I should do, AAL, 3" block or Airlift/Firestone airbags.

I know that the AAL will give my truck some rake back and also alittle more load capacity, but it will also stiffen up the ride.

A 3" block will give me the rake back, and won't stiffen the ride at all, but its the same price as the AAL, so why not just get the extra capacity, right?

Then there is the airbags, they won't stiffen the ride, I can get alittle rake back, maybe .5-.75" with only 10psi or so without making the ride horrible. But the one thing that worries me is will the bag rot or anything from non use (only keeping 10psi in them) and my truck sitting alot? Plus the airbags are the most expensive option of them all. But this is also the path that I am leaning towards, so who has the best price?

What do you guys think?

Last edited by PHS79; 04-08-2007 at 03:22 PM.

Quick Reply: AAL, 3" block, or airbags. Which one should I do?