2004 - 2008 F-150

Trip to the Lake Pix

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007 | 09:29 PM
Do you have any pics of your spotlight from the inside of your truck?

Old 04-30-2007 | 10:09 PM
Nice pics Josiah, the pup is really growing...

Originally Posted by Josiah
I really dig the Titan, I just do not like the dash area. I dont know how we kept the truck out of all the pics but it happened.
You know the Titan's are built here in MS. For the last five years I worked for the company that made the dash boards. We make around 400-500 on a good day...

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:12 AM
Hey Josiah How was the water temp? One of the first 90 degree days around here the water must still be cold. Nice pics you got a good looking dog.

Scott

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:17 AM
Suspended
I'd really change out that differential fluid every so often, you'd be suprised at how much water ends up in there.

Old 05-01-2007 | 12:21 AM
holy crap you dont see alot of standup jetskis anymore

thats a kawasaki 650 right? my dad and i have been riding for the past 15 years os so. we currently have 2 650's a 750 sxi and a yamaha fx1. the 750 has almost as much mods as my truck

naw but its good to see a fellow "standup" guy all you see mostly now is the "squatters"...

ill try to get some pics when we start taking them out this year.

Old 05-01-2007 | 01:16 AM
|
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by Smok][n
holy crap you dont see alot of standup jetskis anymore

thats a kawasaki 650 right? my dad and i have been riding for the past 15 years os so. we currently have 2 650's a 750 sxi and a yamaha fx1. the 750 has almost as much mods as my truck

naw but its good to see a fellow "standup" guy all you see mostly now is the "squatters"...

ill try to get some pics when we start taking them out this year.
Would love to talk to you some more about what you can do, mods I should do, etc. I'm new to standup but I have many friends who have been in it and now got me into it. It is a Kawi 650, you have a good eye ;] Shoot me a pm Smokin with some modification recommendations.

I sealed the diffs with waterproof gasket sealant and a strong bead connecting all the way around, shaved the gasket mess so it seals pretty well but I will check it every now and then for contamination and moisture.

Highridin, thanks the dog is awesome. As for the water, it wasn't too bad and I hate the cold. As the night went on it got colder though, but it was definitely bearable. The day was in the 90's it was perfect weather. Not too much traffic either out on the water. Not too far from you, in manteca ;]

Old 05-01-2007 | 01:17 AM
Nice pix Awesome pup

Old 05-01-2007 | 01:52 AM
Ya Josiah I am not to far from you I actully drive through manteca on my way to Livermore for work. Thats if traffic is not bad in tracy then I take hwy 132. We should meet up sometime I would like to check out your super bright hids.

Old 05-01-2007 | 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'd really change out that differential fluid every so often, you'd be suprised at how much water ends up in there.
When I tore up my spider gear they found sand in mine. I haven't been to the beach since before I got my gears swapped!

Edit: Is isn't the breather hose opening right underneath the bed, it is connected to the cross supports on the frame???

Old 05-01-2007 | 09:49 PM
|
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by highridin4x4
Ya Josiah I am not to far from you I actully drive through manteca on my way to Livermore for work. Thats if traffic is not bad in tracy then I take hwy 132. We should meet up sometime I would like to check out your super bright hids.
Anytime highridin.

Thanks tuff4rd.

Smokin', what is a good standup to learn freestyle on?

Old 05-02-2007 | 12:05 AM
yamaha fx1 IMHO

it may look kinda gay, but out of all the jetskis ive been on its the best for tricks. they have the 701 cc motor the same as in the superjets, but they are light as hell. the low end on these things are crazy. you give it full throttle and youre at max rpms in no time as compared to the heavier skis. i have the factory pipe on mine which helps alot. they are squirrelly tho so they take some getting used to. but the good power and light weight really lets you get the jumps with these things. ive gotten 15 ft or so off the water on oceans waves and trailing the larger boats...

also good for tricks are the older kawasaki 550's. they had the lighter body so they are more manuverable. they lack a little in the power though so you would have to mod the motor out a little more to be up with hte fx1...

as far as mods i would definately start with a pipe. we have Factory pipes (brand name) on 3 of our skis. the gains are really impressive, usually 25% hp increase or so

upgrading the prop(impellor) to a stainless steel and/or changing the pitch for better low oor high end is another common mod.

another sort of "mod" is to get rid of the oil injection and use mixed gas. its kind of a PITA to have to mix gas, but its much more reliable.

another thing to consider with the 650 is the thumb trigger, personally i dont like the thumb triggers and have gotten hand cramps from them. we put aftermarket index finger type triggers on ours.

after that you can look into carb upgrades and more involved engine work, but i say do the pipe and maybe the prop and you'll prolly be good to go

Last edited by Smok][n; 05-02-2007 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2007 | 04:24 PM
Bump!

I just made a post in the "general discussion" about purchasing a standup to learn freestyle on.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=287991

Maybe you guys can help

Quick Reply: Trip to the Lake Pix