2004 - 2008 F-150

Ride Quality

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007 | 09:46 AM
Question

Originally Posted by extremeethan
I just took my company truck home and WOW my truck rides like crap. It is an 05 chevy 1500 2x4 and that thing rides amazing. I have coilovers and everything what gives? I am talking to glenn at radflo about custom coilovers but do you think that will make a difference. I want my truck to ride like that chevy.

Let me preface this comment with the fact that I have been known to be a bit abrasive, so with that in mind....

Seriously, what are you trying to compare here? After viewing your gallery, it seems you have a lifted truck. Am I wrong in this assumption? If I'm correct, then you are comparing apples to oranges. You want a FAIR comparison, put your truck back to stock. Whining about your ride quality vs. a Chevy is pretty pointless with a lifted truck.

I purchased my loaded Lariat as my primary luxury vehicle which pulls double duty towing my mustang to the race track. MY truck has a very compliant ride and handles pot holes/bumps with grace considering its size. As soon as my Pirellis wear out I'll be stepping up to a 65 series tire and should have an even better ride. The factory 20"s come with a 55 series tire which gives a slightly stiffer ride due to the shorter sidewall.

Old 05-25-2007 | 10:16 AM
|
I understand I am lifted but being that it uses all stock spring/shocks how can being lifted make that big of a difference? I can see if it used stiffer springs or something but remaining basicly stock how can it affect it that much. maybe I am looking for too much but man that ride home last night was nice. I was on the titan page trying to find someone to revalve my shocks. I am really thinking about getting deavers now 600 isnt bad if they make a big difference.

Quick Reply: Ride Quality