2004 - 2008 F-150

problem with edge evolution

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007 | 01:38 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

problem with edge evolution

i installed it with the pod and everything, turned my ignition to the on position, and connected the cable to the data link under the steering wheel. the evolution came up with the dissclaimer, i pressed enter. then a screen came up that said "keep ignition to on. do not start. please wait while evolution initializes." and that screen stays for about 15 seconds then the unit just shuts off. wtf?? my truck is an 04 so maybe it has communication issues. im going to call tech support in a bit but im wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

Old 06-28-2007 | 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
i installed it with the pod and everything, turned my ignition to the on position, and connected the cable to the data link under the steering wheel. the evolution came up with the dissclaimer, i pressed enter. then a screen came up that said "keep ignition to on. do not start. please wait while evolution initializes." and that screen stays for about 15 seconds then the unit just shuts off. wtf?? my truck is an 04 so maybe it has communication issues. im going to call tech support in a bit but im wondering if anyone else has experienced this?

sounds like a bad pod

Old 06-28-2007 | 04:19 PM
I answered your post in another thread.

Old 06-29-2007 | 08:22 PM
|
Technical Article Contributor

ok so i FINNALY got a hold of edge tech support, i explained to him my problem. he kinda paused for a minute and then says, "well its most likely a blown fuse, i suggest you check all your electrical fuses." maybe hes right, maybe hes BSing me and the d*mn programmer is defective.

if this was an audio setup it would be no problem for me, but im not real savvy around the PCM electronics of these trucks. anyone know how i can check for blown fuses???

Quick Reply: problem with edge evolution