2004 - 2008 F-150

Head on at 60 mph with another mirror

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007 | 05:13 PM
|
Head on at 60 mph with another mirror

On the way home from a day trip with the family I took a 2 lane Rd back home and some redneck in a jacked up Dodge decided he wanted to take off my mirror and not stop.
So off to the Ford dealer I went for a new mirror, lucky for me they keep many in stock, "very common" said the parts man. Im just bummed that it happened, my mirrors had been custom painted to match the truck and I bit the bullet and bought replacments for both sides, reason is it was cheaper to buy both black mirrors then to buy just the one and have it painted white again, plus I leave for Florida this week and cant go sporting a black and white mirror, not cool.
Don't ask why I didnt check into the FX2 mirrors with the painted cap, I was so pissed off that it slipped my mind and from the response I got from the parts guy that question would have blown his mind.

Old 06-29-2007 | 06:04 PM
Graphics Contributor
what part of his truck hit yours?

the truck itself? or his mirror?

Old 06-29-2007 | 06:05 PM
that sucks, must be expensive also for the mirrors plus getting them painted.

Old 06-29-2007 | 06:12 PM
|
the truck itself? or his mirror?
His mirror

that sucks, must be expensive also for the mirrors plus getting them painted
$361 for both or...

$171 for one mirror plus $150 for paint.

Old 06-29-2007 | 06:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by welfare wagon
His mirror
if his mirror hit yours at 60mph wouldnt his mirror have been blown off too??

Old 06-29-2007 | 07:08 PM
Get the price for the driver power/heat/autodimming/fold/signal/floodlamp mirror (2007 kingranch), that will make you **** your pants...

Old 06-29-2007 | 08:27 PM
|
if his mirror hit yours at 60mph wouldnt his mirror have been blown off too??
You would think that wouldn't you?

Old 06-29-2007 | 09:01 PM
Truck of the Month
Hell, I would think the mirror would have hit the truck and did more damage, like breaking the glass.

Old 06-29-2007 | 10:49 PM
|
By glass do you mean mirror glass? because that's in a hundred pieces, the window didn't break nor did I get any body damage, the mirror folded in like its supose to, one of the pieces of plastic that flew off put a scuff on my rear window ventshade, I think it will come out, looks like a paint transfer.

One thing was the noise was loud enough to make my wife say ****** while in the car with the kids and that never happens at my house so you know it was a good hit.

For laughs I have succesfully disasmbled the entire mirror, I now know how you could add a painted cap and how the amber LED bulbs can be removed, it takes removing the mirror glass which was done for me and hung by the wire that does the heated glass, beyond that a star bit screwdriver can take the whole thing apart in a minute.

Old 06-29-2007 | 11:02 PM
Truck of the Month
Ill tell ya what..ford mirrors are tough..I was driving down a 2 lane road about a block from my house and colided mirrors with a Dodge Superbee. The hit felt like there'd be some damage to my truck, i seen stuff flyin eveywhere behind me..my mirror folded in hard..After turning around and meeting with the other owner i barely had any damage..there was a section of the plastic near the blinker that broke off but the Dodge's mirror was blasted..nothing left..wires hanging, it looked terrible. lol..Needless to say cost me $177.00 for a new one, i couldnt live with the missing piece but overal..wow what a mirror....

Old 06-29-2007 | 11:19 PM
Truck of the Month
Originally Posted by welfare wagon
By glass do you mean mirror glass? because that's in a hundred pieces, the window didn't break nor did I get any body damage, the mirror folded in like its supose to, one of the pieces of plastic that flew off put a scuff on my rear window ventshade, I think it will come out, looks like a paint transfer.

One thing was the noise was loud enough to make my wife say ****** while in the car with the kids and that never happens at my house so you know it was a good hit.

For laughs I have succesfully disasmbled the entire mirror, I now know how you could add a painted cap and how the amber LED bulbs can be removed, it takes removing the mirror glass which was done for me and hung by the wire that does the heated glass, beyond that a star bit screwdriver can take the whole thing apart in a minute.
I was meaning window, but you answered the question just fine.

Quick Reply: Head on at 60 mph with another mirror