2004 - 2008 F-150

pics of my free new mods

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2007, 08:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pics of my free new mods

I was rear ended last week on a trip to San Antonio. Rush hour traffic in Austin on I-35. Chain reaction accident and my truck was the last in line. The rear bumper and tailgate was damaged. If my truck hadn't been lowered it would not have hit my tailgate. I asked the body shop if they could get me a painted bumper and fill in the holes behind the F-150 emblem on the new tailgate. They said no problem, same price. I was really pissed about my truck being wrecked but I got 2 things done that I have been wanting so it made me feel a little better. I should have had them paint the handle but I didn't think about it till it was too late. Now if someone could just back into my front chrome bumper...

BEFORE

AFTER

Old 06-29-2007, 08:19 PM
Technical Article Contributor

nice. looks very clean

Old 06-29-2007, 09:15 PM
Looks nice...I really think that's how the F150 tailgait should be. But since they had to put that huge F150 emblem on the left side....I had to add to add an FX4 emblem to the right side to even things out......and of course I ended up putting it on crooked. That's one of my next mods....straightening out my screw up Most likely...no one else can notice it, but I can and it drives me nuts every time I see it. I constantly think to myself.....why couldn't have Ford just put the emblem in the middle of the tailgait and left it at that. It would have looked so much cleaner that way.

Old 06-30-2007, 01:30 AM
Originally Posted by shookman34
Looks nice...I really think that's how the F150 tailgait should be. But since they had to put that huge F150 emblem on the left side....I had to add to add an FX4 emblem to the right side to even things out......and of course I ended up putting it on crooked. That's one of my next mods....straightening out my screw up Most likely...no one else can notice it, but I can and it drives me nuts every time I see it. I constantly think to myself.....why couldn't have Ford just put the emblem in the middle of the tailgait and left it at that. It would have looked so much cleaner that way.

Same here. One of the first mods I did was balance out that tailgate emblem situation. But looks good Sleestak!

Old 06-30-2007, 03:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice =]

Old 06-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Looks goood, always like the monochromatic look.

Old 06-30-2007, 11:34 AM
Just take the handle off yourself and take it back to him. It shouldnt be expensive at all and you might as well complete the rear. Looks awesome anyways the way it is.

Quick Reply: pics of my free new mods