2004 - 2008 F-150

Card key lost behind the dash

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Card key lost behind the dash

Some time ago I remember reading about someone losing something behind the dash. I can't search it because I don't remember well enough what it was. Well now I have lost my apt. card key behind my dash and I would love to get it back. Is this worth tearing apart my dash? -- I don't think so, but if anyone has had to get back there and wants to explain how easy or hard it is, I am listening. TIA.

Old 06-30-2007, 12:37 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ok, I don't know how to take apart the dash, but I have a similar story. I took my car to the carwash and the intelligent staff there decided to remove my antenna and put it on the dash for the duration of the wash. Well, by the time they were done, it had fallen between the windshield and dash. They told me I could just leave it there and they would buy me a new one. That was not going to happen because I could maneuver it a little bit where it was at and it was metal on metal. I could just imagine how that would have sounded while driving. One of the employees also said that he had a friend who had a shop and could take apart the dash and get it out for free in like 20 minutes. I was like, "um, no thanks..I will try to get it myself." I could feel it moving around back there and shaped a paper clip in a way that I could hook it and bring it up. I ended up getting a free car wash out of the deal though.

You might find that one member who took his whole truck apart to find the rattle that was behind his rear view mirror. He could probably tell you how to get the dash apart. Or, get one of those Haynes manuals. Personally, I know that I could not leave it back there. I'm just **** like that.

Old 06-30-2007, 03:40 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
I don't even like the thought of killing flys and bugs, and having them fall back there... I know what you mean.

Quick Reply: Card key lost behind the dash