2004 - 2008 F-150

RAFA's truck

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2007 | 11:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tuff4rd
Well I say, its awesome that he had the ***** to fork over all that cash. Would JDM have ever build a truck like that if he did not write the check?

Your right.....Rafa is awsome at writing zero's and signing his name, I will give you that! His penmanship is impeccable! The man really knows his way around a Papermate (or probably a Cross in his case!)...too bad he doesn't know what a transfer case does or what a differential is.

Old 09-10-2007 | 11:46 PM
But he at least had the idea to do that, and actually pursue it.

Of course someone may have done all the work, but hes the one that said 'go'.

Rafa was more involved than Boyd Coddington if you ask me. What does Boyd do, decide what color something should be then sit around and watch other people do it, why should he get any credit.
At least Rafa knew what he wanted done and had some insight and what not about the project.

BTW Ram, Im not trying to say your wrong or make ya mad or anything, just having a friendly lil argument because there isnt anything else to do

Old 09-10-2007 | 11:52 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1

Rafa was more involved than Boyd Coddington if you ask me. What does Boyd do, decide what color something should be then sit around and watch other people do it, why should he get any credit.
At least Rafa knew what he wanted done and had some insight and what not about the project.

BTW Ram, Im not trying to say your wrong or make ya mad or anything, just having a friendly lil argument because there isnt anything else to do
Im confused on this "insight" your mentioning. He said I want a fast truck-let me know when its done. His "idea" was not unique, he just had the seemingly endless budget to have a very good shop do something very unique that he owned in the end.

Old 09-10-2007 | 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by Bartak1

That's my point...he DIDN'T say what to do. He went to JDM and said he wanted his truck to go fast...do what you need to to make go fast. THEY are the ones that said we need to do this and we need to do that. He just OK. There is no way on earth someone with his VERY limited knowledge of automobiles could have known what he needed to do to his truck to actually achieve the dreams he had for it. I was actually amazed at how ignorant on the subject he was after reading some of his posts (and thats no direspect meant toward him...I am so ignorant on some things I don't even know how ignorant I am about them.)

And don't worry...nothing wrong with a friendly disagrement....especialy when I know I am right! b

Old 09-11-2007 | 12:12 AM
So he didnt know wtf he was doing???? Well shat, I at least though he had an idea of the parts he wanted and what to do

Ya got me this time

Old 09-11-2007 | 12:53 AM
id be willing to bet he doesnt know what the dry sump system that he has does or why

Old 09-11-2007 | 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by azmidget91
id be willing to bet he doesnt know what the dry sump system that he has does or why

No but it sounds cool saying you have one!

Old 09-11-2007 | 01:49 AM
Originally Posted by RamSS/T
No but it sounds cool saying you have one!

Old 09-11-2007 | 08:05 AM
JDM is a great Company that would be out of business without people like Rafa.
I think Rafa went to JDM and said Make me a fast truck and I would imagine said I have 20,000 or 30,000 to spend so how the fuel lines got left out I don't have a clue
What seams clear is the guy came on here for help and when he stated his beliefs he got bashed and cased off this site

Old 09-11-2007 | 08:26 AM
Originally Posted by Bootleg837
JDM is a great Company that would be out of business without people like Rafa.
I think Rafa went to JDM and said Make me a fast truck and I would imagine said I have 20,000 or 30,000 to spend so how the fuel lines got left out I don't have a clue
What seams clear is the guy came on here for help and when he stated his beliefs he got bashed and cased off this site
I think JDM could possibly get by without Rafas truck-something about how they have at least a couple articles in every Ford magazine every month.
Again the only time I ever saw him post a new topic on here, HE was the one bashing-not us.

Old 09-11-2007 | 06:18 PM
Its Plain to see you only see what you wont to, I said PEOPLE LIKE RAFA NOT RAFA. people that spend money, with out that kind of research we would be lost as do it you selfers

(((at least a couple articles in every Ford magazine every month))) all paid for by poeple Like Rafa

Old 09-11-2007 | 06:41 PM
|
Ok, enough with the bitch fest.

Does anyone really know what happened to him? Does he still drive the truck? Everything working fine?

I'm sure nobody on here actually knows.. except a couple of people and they're not tellin'.

Old 09-11-2007 | 07:48 PM
last i heard it was tranny problems like the 3rd one

Old 09-11-2007 | 08:11 PM
Where in the world is Rafa???

Old 09-11-2007 | 08:17 PM
wow....another pointless thread.....

Quick Reply: RAFA's truck