Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ONE04FX4
youve got to be kidding
I think he is . .

Old 09-12-2007, 10:08 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Contributor
Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
You guys have no idea what else might look nice on my truck?

I'm getting tired of looking at a stock F150. It's getting on my boring list, real quick.

I might get a rear-sliding window... but I dunno... for some reason I want my truck lighting up like roman candle at night.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:11 PM
Suspended
How about wheels? How about getting rid of that Black upper bumper?

Seriously, there are a ton of things you could do to get that thing looking a little better.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:18 PM
Contributor
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
How about wheels? How about getting rid of that Black upper bumper? Seriously, there are a ton of things you could do to get that thing looking a little better.
I don't want to buy wheels until the spring... because I wouldn't have them exposed in the salt of the winter...

I forgot about that upper bumper... I could have it painted to match the grey of the bumper or I could go chrome... hmmmmmmmmm.

I was also thinking of painting the entire bumper pieces to match the color of the truck too, as my other option. That includes the outer grill portion... or I could just buy a billet grill...

I dunnnooo... or I could just save my money....

Old 09-12-2007, 10:20 PM
Graphics Contributor
Originally Posted by ManualF150
Hmm... then what would you guys recommend as a mod?

a better truck.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:21 PM
I think you should get the sun visor, a brush guard, some lights, curb fealers, some fuzzy dice, and one of those mexican flag stickers that covers the whole rear window!

i almost forgot, a nice camper shell

Last edited by austinbF150; 09-12-2007 at 10:27 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:04 PM
Contributor
Let's also not forget the wooden side panels... maybe I'll go with teak wood... so instead of waxing my truck with car polish, I could just go to my local HD and buy some hard wood floor wax. Maybe I'll get a bear rug to put on the side too... it'll give it that 'woodsy' outdoors feeling...

I am for once clueless on how to spend money on my truck... not a good thing.

P.S. - Oh and I hate to say it... but that brown truck up above would probably rate better than mine on the "cool mod factor"...

Old 09-12-2007, 11:23 PM
Let's also not forget the wooden side panels... maybe I'll go with teak wood... so instead of waxing my truck with car polish, I could just go to my local HD and buy some hard wood floor wax. Maybe I'll get a bear rug to put on the side too... it'll give it that 'woodsy' outdoors feeling...

I am for once clueless on how to spend money on my truck... not a good thing.

P.S. - Oh and I hate to say it... but that brown truck up above would probably rate better than mine on the "cool mod factor"...
Save your money and max your 401K, You don't want to be pushing cart at your local WM to make ends meet when you're 80 years old.

Old 09-12-2007, 11:28 PM
Contributor
Originally Posted by Ilovemyford
Save your money and max your 401K, You don't want to be pushing cart at your local WM to make ends meet when you're 80 years old.
Yeah, but I'll have a shrimp boat...

I just thought of some cool mod... air horns! I totally forgot I wanted to buy them last week... that's what I'll do!!!!

Old 09-12-2007, 11:36 PM
Yeah, but I'll have a shrimp boat...

I just thought of some cool mod... air horns! I totally forgot I wanted to buy them last week... that's what I'll do!!!!
You're something else

Old 09-13-2007, 01:26 AM

Rims/Tires are out of the question.... so are stereo/video systems. Also none of those 5-10 hp out of the box mods... those are a waste... and that includes air filters and exhaust systems. That also includes lowering, bags, etc.

I like my black grill and surrounds... because it matches everything else... and I am not doing a chrome conversion either.

I think the only other thing I could get would be side steps... but I really don't like them. If my truck was a 4x4 or sat higher, then maybe... but that isn't my case.
Do what you want, just because some of these professional judges don't like it doesn't mean you won't. It might look great. Not everyone is from the same generation, THANK GOD. Lund been selling the for 20+ years, somebody must like'em. I happened to look at one last week and it looked very nice with the way the rest of the truck was done. Good Luck.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:00 AM
Hey Manual, I didn't mean to offend you with the shrimp boat comment. I thought that F250 was just a throw down pic of excessive bolt-ons. I don't know if your truck was closes to that style of mods.

Truthfully, I think the visors would look good on some trucks depending on the style and usage. I myself would probably steer away for the lighted version but that is only my opinion.

Its all different tastes anyways. I have been told that people don't like my rims at all but I like em. Its just like that.

Either way, didn't mean to insult you, sorry.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:45 AM
Originally Posted by dennisfranz
.... Either way, didn't mean to insult you, sorry.
Don't worry.... he regularly insults himself on these boards.

Old 09-13-2007, 08:29 PM
Contributor
Originally Posted by Grubrunner
Don't worry.... he regularly insults himself on these boards.

x2

I am a disgrace to my own self.... <<<< see I did it again....

Old 09-14-2007, 12:36 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Rims/Tires are out of the question.... so are stereo/video systems. Also none of those 5-10 hp out of the box mods... those are a waste... and that includes air filters and exhaust systems. That also includes lowering, bags, etc.

I like my black grill and surrounds... because it matches everything else... and I am not doing a chrome conversion either.

I think the only other thing I could get would be side steps... but I really don't like them. If my truck was a 4x4 or sat higher, then maybe... but that isn't my case.
I think a wiper cowl painted to match would be OK. It would get rid of the ice cube tray.

Quick Reply: Lighted Moon Visor