2004 - 2008 F-150

slow sluggish reving back to idle??

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007 | 04:46 PM
|
slow sluggish reving back to idle??

Im not sure if this topic has already been covered but does anyone else notice how sluggish the engine is when you rev it? Like after you rev it it takes like 3-4 seconds before it returns to idle. Anyway to make it more responsive?

Old 09-12-2007 | 04:58 PM
Heavy flywheel + fan clutch + oem dashpot setting stops the engine from reving down quicker.

You can lower dashpot settings via the tune, it helps for what its worth. You just have to be careful from keeping it from stalling when coming down.

Old 09-12-2007 | 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4
Im not sure if this topic has already been covered but does anyone else notice how sluggish the engine is when you rev it? Like after you rev it it takes like 3-4 seconds before it returns to idle. Anyway to make it more responsive?
X2 i think its something to do with the electric throttle body!

Edit: Guess i was way off lol nvm... lol

Old 09-12-2007 | 05:25 PM
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4
I had this happen after I cleaned the throttle body, a small shot of WD-40 on either side of the throttle plate took care of it. It seems that because there isn't a spring to pull the throttle closed it causes a delay in returning to idle after you rev it.

Old 09-12-2007 | 05:44 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
I had this happen after I cleaned the throttle body, a small shot of WD-40 on either side of the throttle plate took care of it. It seems that because there isn't a spring to pull the throttle closed it causes a delay in returning to idle after you rev it.
That is why you are not suppose to clean it, it is already coated and you removed the coating when you cleaned it.

Old 09-12-2007 | 06:08 PM
I think they are programed that way by Ford. Mine seems to be really bad after I change levels with my Edge Evo aswell.

Quick Reply: slow sluggish reving back to idle??