2004 - 2008 F-150

breaking the law a bit.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by effects4
I decided to get my front windows re-tinted. The 35% was bugging me and after seeing some of your trucks, I took the plunge. I have 15% up front to match the rest and it is SO MUCH better looking.

Now the wheels/tires are bugging me. LOL its only a matter of time......

Pic added now. It was getting dark and the truck is filthy. We can't wash cars here in NC at the moment due to the drought conditions but you get the idea...

Hello fellow Raleighite! Where did you get your tint done and what did it run you? I'm looking to get mine done soon...

- NCSU

Old 09-29-2007, 05:23 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks good. just wait till u want it darker and go with 5% like i did. =]

Old 10-08-2007, 04:26 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
Hello fellow Raleighite! Where did you get your tint done and what did it run you? I'm looking to get mine done soon...

- NCSU
'ello! I got them tinted at formula one on spring forest road. I caught them on a quiet day and they did it less than an hour. they pulled my old tint off and put the 15% on for $120. Originally it was $140..but I think it was an under the table job..haha

the guy that helped me had dark curly hair. They may remeber me, tell them it was the guy with the white Ford truck that races Late Model Stock Cars at Kenly. We were chatting about the new go karts they were going to pick up.

I'm up in north raleigh, near Falls Lake. Where are you located?

Old 10-08-2007, 09:13 PM
... ... ...
I'm up in north raleigh, near Falls Lake. Where are you located?

Cool man, that Formula One is right near where I work. I might head over there at lunch sometime this week. I'm thinking of just doing 20% on the fronts. If I want anything darker I can always go back.

I'm kinda on the west side of town, near the Raleigh Grand movie theater.

- NCSU

Old 10-11-2007, 03:46 PM
'ello! I got them tinted at formula one on spring forest road. I caught them on a quiet day and they did it less than an hour. they pulled my old tint off and put the 15% on for $120. Originally it was $140..but I think it was an under the table job..haha

the guy that helped me had dark curly hair. They may remeber me, tell them it was the guy with the white Ford truck that races Late Model Stock Cars at Kenly. We were chatting about the new go karts they were going to pick up.
I just stopped by there to make an appointment for tinting tomorrow. When you got the 15% to match the rears, was that matching your rears with that additional 50% tint on top?

- NCSU

Old 10-11-2007, 06:49 PM
Originally Posted by NCSU_05_FX4
I just stopped by there to make an appointment for tinting tomorrow. When you got the 15% to match the rears, was that matching your rears with that additional 50% tint on top?

- NCSU
They just did my front windows, pulled the old 35% off and replaced with the 15%. I put the extra 50% on the back window myself. I'll go back soon and have them do it darker.

Did they give you a good deal? Or talk ***** about me?? haa

Old 10-11-2007, 06:51 PM
on second thought, i'd like to take a look at your truck sometime if that's cool. I want to see the HD lights in person, contemplating doing the HD swap or tinting.

Old 10-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Originally Posted by Jolly_Green_Giant
roll the windows down when you get it inspected? My mechanic would never roll them up. But I don't know that they check that in TX.
Don't know what the window tint law is here. Do need to find out though, that's one of my next mods.
It depends on your county. I know both Harris, and Galveston County to. I have a friend in Brazoria County with 15% tint on his Dodge that sails through every year...

I had to remove the 20% tint from my Ranger years ago because of the inspection. What a PITA...

Old 10-12-2007, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I'm glad Florida got rid of the inspections a LONG time ago!

Problem with that is? Half the cars on the road should be in the junkyard. When I used to live in Fl. I could not believe the state of condition of some cars I'd see on the roads. I would always wonder if they even had brakes to stop!

Old 10-12-2007, 02:43 PM
They just did my front windows, pulled the old 35% off and replaced with the 15%. I put the extra 50% on the back window myself. I'll go back soon and have them do it darker.

Did they give you a good deal? Or talk ***** about me?? haa
I got em done for $119 out the door. Looks pretty good, great reccomendation!

-NCSU

Old 10-12-2007, 04:16 PM
on second thought, i'd like to take a look at your truck sometime if that's cool. I want to see the HD lights in person, contemplating doing the HD swap or tinting.
Sure man, no problem. I finally got our digital camera replaced (original one was stolen during our last vacation) so I can take additional pics if you'd like.

I love the HD lights!

- NCSU

Old 10-25-2007, 06:39 PM
Are all the window tints the same % from the factory? The front windows don't seem to be tinted at all...or is it just so light you can't tell - I hate mine.

In TX, what IS the "legal limit"? 35%?

I didn't even know there WAS a law about window tint until I was pulled over & received a friendly fix-it ticket about 6 yrs ago in my mustang, just 2 days after I bought it...had to remove the tint from the front windows & replace w/much lighter, but I can't remember what % it was.

Old 10-26-2007, 11:08 AM
Originally Posted by Hz-n-Hrz
Are all the window tints the same % from the factory? The front windows don't seem to be tinted at all...or is it just so light you can't tell - I hate mine.

In TX, what IS the "legal limit"? 35%?

I didn't even know there WAS a law about window tint until I was pulled over & received a friendly fix-it ticket about 6 yrs ago in my mustang, just 2 days after I bought it...had to remove the tint from the front windows & replace w/much lighter, but I can't remember what % it was.
Like I states above. It varies by county. Harris County is 35%, I think Galveston and Brazoria are 30%. I had 30% tints on an Olds I owned years ago and took it to Alvin for the inspection before the whole emissions thing came about. Never had a problem. The 20% just wouldn't go through Galveston County though...

Most of the low rider kids with the reflective tint are completely illegal, but they typically go to an inspection station that will pass just about anything if you slide them an extra $50.00 or so...

Quick Reply: breaking the law a bit.....