2004 - 2008 F-150

What should I do to it?!!??!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007 | 10:11 AM
|
What should I do to it?!!??!

Hey guys,

I got my truck the way it is. Its all mexicanized... I really want to make it look goood. I am going to get a job soon and I will be able to afford to put things on it. I just dont know what the heck to do. I have always had the urge to lift it. But do you guys think itll look good. If I lift it, I could either get the AS kit or spend a lot of money on the 6 inch procomp. If I got the AS I would get some 33 inch tires and if I get the 6 inch lift I would get like 35 inch tires. IDK if its worth it. Or do you guys think I should drop the rear 2 inches to level it out? That would be way cheaper than lifting it. Now thats for suspension. What do you guys think I should do about looks? IDK even where to start. I am only 16 so I dont have all the money in the world but I will have some money.

Thanks,
Mike

CHeck my gallery for pics!

Old 09-30-2007 | 10:50 AM
I don't know what "mexicanized" looks like but looking through your gallery, your truck is pretty nice as is... especially since alot of work has been done for you.

Old 09-30-2007 | 10:54 AM
Technical Article Contributor
Looks nice... better than my truck to say the least.

Old 09-30-2007 | 11:13 AM
what the heck is mexicanized ? a lot of people here have theres lifted. it is a matter of preference. take a look at some trucks here or at cardomain.com and see if u like certain looks better then others.

Old 09-30-2007 | 12:01 PM
the first step is picking a overall theme, once you do that it all falls into place, don't pick out parts cause they are cool parts, that's how you end up with something that looks bad. theres a guy down the street from me that haas a white ext cab ranger that has bling bling 20s caddy taillights a wing, and the roush bodykit, it looks like a donk that wants to be a minitruck that wants to be a sporttruck

Old 09-30-2007 | 01:16 PM
Unless you removed some things it dosen't look to bad as it sits. When I saw the term "Mexicanized" I was assuming alot worse.

For the unfamiliar here I will explain the term "Mexicanized"

Usually you will find most if not all of the following: Chrome bug shield, chrome window visors, Some form of aftermarket pin striping be it tribal, the "chain look" ect. You will see chrome edge trim around all doors, up to and including tailgate and fuel door, large sticker across the top windshield, every sticker Summit sent them when they ordered the bug shield stuck to the back window, Chrome license plate frame usually the chain or the two Cobra one, Chrome fender trim, 4x4 and or off road stickers on an obvious 4x2 with car tires on a set of 16" chrome rims, Tailpipe will have one of thoes small slip-ons you can pick up from Wal Mart, the list extends itself to any part you can find at Pep Boys or AutoZone that they are selling in the 99 cent bin as you walk through the door. Interior will have changed shift ***** usually something with chrome or lights, generic cell phone holders screwed into the dash, rubber floor mats that don't fit but have something like flames, or Ford Racing on them.

Yamaha, other than the front grill I don't think you are doing all that bad. Swap out the tires for some A/T's or M/T's with a bit more sidewall that look like they belong on a truck or if you are going for the lowered look keep the tires and look into lowering kits. Again my opinion only but I would change out the chrome handles for some painted handles, then work your way from there. Like Styxnpicks said, figure out where you want to go with it first, then only change, add, or remove parts that will bring you closer to that.

Old 09-30-2007 | 01:23 PM
Since you said that you would like to lift it here is what I would do. Get a 2.5" AS kit and the rear blocks out a 4X4 (or an add-a-leaf), then put on something like a Nitto Terra Grappler 305/50/20. If you did this you would have a minimal investment into lifting your truck, but still set it apart from others. Then after doing this you could start saving up the money for a 6" lift and bigger tires.

One a side note I would also take off the "chrome" Putco door handle covers and the black nerf bars.

Old 09-30-2007 | 01:51 PM
Originally Posted by PHS79
Since you said that you would like to lift it here is what I would do. Get a 2.5" AS kit and the rear blocks out a 4X4 (or an add-a-leaf), then put on something like a Nitto Terra Grappler 305/50/20. If you did this you would have a minimal investment into lifting your truck, but still set it apart from others. Then after doing this you could start saving up the money for a 6" lift and bigger tires.

One a side note I would also take off the "chrome" Putco door handle covers and the black nerf bars.
ya those putco handles got to go, either get full painted handles or lt handles with a chrome strap depending on the theme, if your going red with black accents the nerfbar can stay but all chrome and ling has to go, if you going red and chrome the black has to go and les is more approch must be taken, I would also look into painting the arizona beige lower either red or gunmetal grey

Old 09-30-2007 | 06:18 PM
First thing I would do is fix that sub box so that someone can actually use that seat and it atleast matches the rest of the interior. Then I would decide what I like...and do that too it. haha..nobody can tell you what you are going to like and what you are going to not like. Going off of what you got right now the easiest would be to level it probly using a set of ground force shackles(best quality I have heard). Maybe change those chrome handles to painted ones. Change the grill if you can find one you like. Thats what I would do anyways. You got a nice looking truck to begin with.

Last edited by 07HD; 09-30-2007 at 06:21 PM.
Old 09-30-2007 | 06:25 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by 01TruBluGT
Unless you removed some things it dosen't look to bad as it sits. When I saw the term "Mexicanized" I was assuming alot worse.

For the unfamiliar here I will explain the term "Mexicanized"

Usually you will find most if not all of the following: Chrome bug shield, chrome window visors, Some form of aftermarket pin striping be it tribal, the "chain look" ect. You will see chrome edge trim around all doors, up to and including tailgate and fuel door, large sticker across the top windshield, every sticker Summit sent them when they ordered the bug shield stuck to the back window, Chrome license plate frame usually the chain or the two Cobra one, Chrome fender trim, 4x4 and or off road stickers on an obvious 4x2 with car tires on a set of 16" chrome rims, Tailpipe will have one of thoes small slip-ons you can pick up from Wal Mart, the list extends itself to any part you can find at Pep Boys or AutoZone that they are selling in the 99 cent bin as you walk through the door. Interior will have changed shift ***** usually something with chrome or lights, generic cell phone holders screwed into the dash, rubber floor mats that don't fit but have something like flames, or Ford Racing on them.
You nailed this one! Awesome explanation, thanks for the laugh man.

Old 09-30-2007 | 06:41 PM
Graphics Contributor
get a new sub setup, 2 10''s or find a smaller box for the 15.

Old 09-30-2007 | 09:14 PM
|
Alright, thanks guys sooo much for the help. Right now it has a grill on it that is on top of the factory grill which I HATE!!! I really want a new one. Which one should I get? Next, where do I get the painted door handles?

Old 09-30-2007 | 09:59 PM
www.stylinconcepts.com

Just enter your year make and model and find a grill you like. Lots of options there.

Painted door handles I would venture a guess that you can go to Ford and get the handles from an FX4 Plus with the same paint as your truck. Maybe there is an aftermarket option aswell.

Old 09-30-2007 | 10:32 PM
|
Ok, what do you guys think of this... Please alter anything you think should be altered.

Ground Force 2 inch leveling kit in rear. For a 2 inch drop in the rear.
Remove chrome stickies on door handles and replace for LT handles
Remove Westin Step Bars
Roush Grill
Should I remove those wind/bug deflectors at the top of the windows? IDK what the heck they do. Im guessing they would be hard as hell to remove.

Old 09-30-2007 | 11:02 PM
Originally Posted by yamaharhino
Ok, what do you guys think of this... Please alter anything you think should be altered.

Ground Force 2 inch leveling kit in rear. For a 2 inch drop in the rear.
Remove chrome stickies on door handles and replace for LT handles
Remove Westin Step Bars
Roush Grill
Should I remove those wind/bug deflectors at the top of the windows? IDK what the heck they do. Im guessing they would be hard as hell to remove.
Everything you said right there would look sweet!!.. those deflectors on the windows are nice IMO.. don't look bad and are there so you can lower the windows a bit when parked in hot weather and not have to worry about rain getting in.. they also create a nice draft if you crack the windows when you have someone who smokes in the truck..

Now... there's no way you can call it Mexicanized until you put on some anti-spinners and a huge decal with your last name across the back window!!..

J/K, tho most have those things here, plus most seem to be Chevys...

Oh, and those deflectors should just pull right out if ya want to remove 'em.. they just pop in, pop out..