2004 - 2008 F-150

Anyone with a RCD lift

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007 | 09:52 PM
|
Question Anyone with a RCD lift

I am looking at lift kits for my 06 FX4 and was thinking about an RCD kit. Just wanted some imput from you guys with this lift on your truck what do you think of it and if you have any pics please post them Thanks.

Old 09-30-2007 | 10:13 PM
i have it, it is poly coated hardware... check my gallery, its like line-x is on all the metal, the bilstein shocks are superb, unmatched imo, great kit, but expensive, i think you wont regret it though

Old 10-01-2007 | 11:03 AM
|
Cool i like that kit comes with the front struts to.

Old 10-01-2007 | 12:26 PM
I've been thinking of getting this lift myself. Anybody know for sure if you can use the stock 20's with it or not? Anybody have any issues installing it, if you installed it yourself?

Old 10-01-2007 | 02:38 PM
i installed a 4" rancho lift in my apartment's parking lot, but got in a wreck and ruined that lift kit, had a good local shop put on my RCD kit, cause it was covered by insurance and there was some specific work that had to be done that i didnt have the equipment for (crash related). The instructions are nearly identical, any lift kit can be put on in your driveway... if this is your perogative, just get whatever advice from here, i can help you along with many other users here that have installed lift kits.

must have: hilift jack (3+ ton capacity), hi lift jackstands mine are 6ton-44", big boys sockets metric and sae (sears), big boys box open end wrenchs (sears), regular mech tool kit, 1 or 2 good big boys crescent wrench, 10" c-clamp (brakes), torque wrench, die grinder w'metal cutoff wheel(or the best dremel which cut faster than the die grinder but had to pause for heat).

dont bother with coil compressors and doing the struts yourself, you can kill yourself, while its like 30 bucks for a shop to put the spring on the struts... just index the crap out of the whole strut assembly with a paint marker from shock tower all the way to lower control arm mount, and be like white on rice on the tech, to make sure hes putting in the new strut correctly. you need to rebalance the front driveshaft, and get alignment.. the cost of tools and all this is not much less than having a shop put on the lift kit for ya, but if you think like me, i consider the cost of tools you will use again to be free cause they will pay for itself.

about your rims, another user on this sight has the rcd kit, and is running rims with 6" backspacing, it looks good. the factory 20's probably have about 6" BS, if its like the factory 18's, i think with the added diameter, you wont rub on anything, and the factory 20's are wider if im not mistaken, to allow you to fit a few of the 35" mud and all terrains and staying in spec with the tire manufacturer, even though plenty guys here are running 35's on the factory 18's which are 7.5" wide and outta spec with 35" tires, no problem... you will need to trim the front valance, you will know what im talking about when you start driving, its a piece of cake.

btw the 4" rancho kit specifically states that a 6" BS rim is recommended, it was a quality lift also (rsx9000 shocks), and its cheaper, just something to think about, oh and the superlift also comes with bilstein shocks

Quick Reply: Anyone with a RCD lift