2004 - 2008 F-150

Anybody install FX-4 Factory skid plates to a XLT 4x4?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn, I guess it pays to have buddies in different fields of work. I have a buddy who can fab up the metal for me so it wont cost more than a 1/5 of Jack. I couldn't imagine a place charging that much for bending the metal for you (especially if you walk in with a template already done up). I went to the local dealership just to see prices and they were right around $150 or so, I laughed and walked out. I wouldn't pay more than $50 for those pieces of plastic (IMO). Oh well, even if it is more expensive, the protection and insurance is FAR greater with a 1/4" (minimum) steel skid plate.
(thanks for the correction Scott! )

Old 10-17-2007, 08:29 AM
Have your buddy whup up a couple, and sell them! For the right price I'd buy it!

And it looks like my truck has some thin plates over the tank and trans, just not over the transfer case. Was it standard on AWD Ex's with the Sport Package?

Old 10-18-2007, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by MiamiDave
Have your buddy whup up a couple, and sell them! For the right price I'd buy it!

And it looks like my truck has some thin plates over the tank and trans, just not over the transfer case. Was it standard on AWD Ex's with the Sport Package?
Hmmm... Maybe your on to something there. Once I get mine all done up and bolted on i will post some pics, see if I can get more people interested and then maybe crank out a few. Would anyone else be interested in after market beefy skids???
And I am really not to sure about the EXpy question. I have never really gotten underneath any to look sorry! I am sure someone on here knows

Old 10-18-2007, 11:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I probably would. Whats the price? Would it work with my lift?

Old 10-18-2007, 12:21 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MercedesTech
Hmmm... Maybe your on to something there. Once I get mine all done up and bolted on i will post some pics, see if I can get more people interested and then maybe crank out a few. Would anyone else be interested in after market beefy skids???
And I am really not to sure about the EXpy question. I have never really gotten underneath any to look sorry! I am sure someone on here knows
I would be interested. I do not see anything like this on ebay and I am not sure what the cost is to order from Ford (I am sure that they are not nearly as beefy). The cost to ship might be prohibitive.

Old 10-18-2007, 12:36 PM
Suspended
I see a site sponsor in someones future, lol
With all these trucks on the road a good market does exist for aftermarket armor, especially some that actually works unlike the factory skids

Quick Reply: Anybody install FX-4 Factory skid plates to a XLT 4x4?