2004 - 2008 F-150

switching out mirrors for turn signal mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007 | 06:51 PM
I got Mark LT ones. I paid $100 for them.

Old 10-04-2007 | 01:11 AM
well i have an 07 f150 lariat and i installed the calvu street scene mirrors. when i hooked mine up there were only two wires that had to be hooked up and that was for the turn signals. they have a plug just like the factory mirrors and when plugged in the heat and power worked perfect. they have tow long wires, one black and the other red that stated they had to be run under the dash for the turn signals. what i did because my factory mirrors already had turn signals is ran them to the same plug. heres how it went if you need further details i can take a few pics next weekend because my friend just brought them and want me to wire his end. he hates wiring but its super easy. when you take the stock mirrors off there is a plug that runs up through the door where it comes to a slight triangle at the top of the right hand corner. all the trucks are wired with it from the factory if they have turn signals in the mirrors or not. when i took off the factory mirror i did the following. on the factory mirror itself i took the red lock out of the inside of the plug. all you need is a little screwdriver or a nice bent ice pick. once you slide the red locking ring out, remove the green and white pin by pushing up on the locking tab and sliding the pin out. the red locking pin is what keeps the tabs from moving. once the two pins are out i cut the wires going to the pins. i then very carefully opened the pins up removing the old wire ( you can probably go to radio shack or some electronic shop and buy them). i layed the long red and black wires on the new mirrors and cut them where they would enter the connector on their own harness. striped the wires and installed the old pins on the red and black wires. before you cut the wires you need to actuall put them in the slot they will be in to ensure you dont cut them to short. once the pins were on, look at the connector on the door. once you see where the ground and the green and white wires are just insert the pins in the mirrors connector in the same slot. install the red ring back and your done. your mirrors are now just plug and play so if you ever have to take them off just unplug them. the green and white wire is for the drives side i forget the color for the passenger side but its the only one thats not used in the new mirror easy to see. and if in doubt just take a test light and turn the turn signal on. when it flashes with the turn signal you have the right wire. ill be doing another install next week and can take a few pics if you need but its very easy

Old 10-04-2007 | 01:21 AM
Just replaced my non signal mirrors on my 05 with the turn signal/no heat off a new truck. Completely plug and play on my, quite a nice surprise.

Old 10-04-2007 | 11:45 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
Not all F-150's have the same wiring in the mirror, King Ranches have puddle lamps which are not prewired for even on a loaded lariat.
My Lariat came with puddle lamps. Must be an 07' thing.

Old 10-04-2007 | 04:03 PM
Truck of the Month
Any pics?

Old 10-04-2007 | 05:07 PM
The puddle lamps are part of the Deluxe Mirror Package: Standard on the King Ranch, but optional on the XLT, FX4, and Lariat. I will get some pics tonight when I get home.

Last edited by neuspeed5; 10-04-2007 at 08:15 PM. Reason: To add pictures
Old 02-16-2008 | 03:42 PM
Suspended
im gonna need these for my install. anyone done this lately that has any extra tips?

Old 02-16-2008 | 03:50 PM
Anyone with an XLT have luck with this mod being just a simple plug-n-play install on power signal mirrors??

If not the mod seems easy enough to make the signals work, just tapping into the kick panels with some wire taps...

Anyone got a set they have switched out there looking to get rid of?

Old 02-16-2008 | 09:21 PM
Suspended
i tried to add the signal mirrors to my 07 xlt and they are not wired. yeah its easy to tap into the wire, but you gotta find the pin connectors or whatever those little things in the mirror plug in are called? anyone no where you can get these? because i dont know how else to hook up the turn? also what pins are used for the turn, i see 8 pins (my power mirrors got 4, so i assume 2 more for heat, and 2 more for the turn) can anyone help me out with this?

Old 02-17-2008 | 09:11 AM
05 XLT and it was plug and play (and pray somewhere in between!)

I started with power mirrors (no turn/no heat/no puddle) and ended with power w/ turn (no heat/no puddle).

It was 100% plug and play. Very easy install. Maybe 2 out of 5 wrenches.

Old 02-17-2008 | 02:12 PM
Originally Posted by txnole
05 XLT and it was plug and play (and pray somewhere in between!)

I started with power mirrors (no turn/no heat/no puddle) and ended with power w/ turn (no heat/no puddle).

It was 100% plug and play. Very easy install. Maybe 2 out of 5 wrenches.
Nice!! That is what i am looking for! I have power w/ nothing, i just want to add Power w/ signals..

Quick Reply: switching out mirrors for turn signal mirrors